Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?
It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)
the bottom line:
zero reason to freak out unless some d-bags are buying huge amounts to resell.
so the lcbo should put a 12 bottle limit and that reduces some problems.

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues
This is exactly what should be understood.

We go from Ontario scarcity panic to Ontario over-supply. That said, 400 cases really isn't much if I could do with about another half-case or so and there may be several thousand of LCBO customers competing for even a few bottles.

I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter. Why have a forum except to communicate salient information (and watch members annoy each other.)
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?
the bottom line:

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues

Exactly - let them have their little show on Wednesday, and on Thursday we’ll all be brushing our teeth with the stuff.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:
I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter.
Which is exactly why you shotgun a bottle at the cash right after you buy and go back for more.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
I always like to try before I buy, that's the main reason to hustle. There's no flies on this batch of CBS or Backwoods for that matter.
Which is exactly why you shotgun a bottle at the cash right after you buy and go back for more.
But how am I supposed to puncture a bottle with my car keys?

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

At this price/quantity we should be playing flip-cup with CBS. Or beer pong. Maybe put some through a funnel?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

darmokandjalad wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
Belgian wrote:
But how am I supposed to puncture a bottle with my car keys?

I just assumed shotgunning was me putting it on a fence post for target practice

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
the bottom line:

No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

We have before. BCBS and Westvleteren both had limits.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote: the bottom line:

No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.
you mean "Armand and Tomme". A&G isn't at the LCBO...yet. :)

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

we all know the drill: it's a gong show for the next 2 weeks and then you'll be able to find it at Summerhill or QQ without any issues[/quote]
No doubt! Then again, they sold A&G without limits, which is ridiculous. I don't think we'll ever see limits on beer at the LCBO.[/quote][/quote]

you mean "Armand and Tomme". A&G isn't at the LCBO...yet. :)[/quote]

A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

BakaGaijin wrote: A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.
pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Oh so ARMAND & GASTON is what you guys are on about. I thought it was something like that, in crypto-beer code.

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze special release.

I did snag a few Armand & Tomme / Tommy a years back, man that was a pain but I think the third or fourth store I physically went to still had it.
In Beerum Veritas

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

atomeyes wrote:
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.
some purchases were honored.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

rfrf wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
some purchases were honored.
Yup....I drank one!