Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

darmokandjalad wrote:That offensively-named beer has no place on the LCBO's shelves. I'm going to write a letter to my congressman.
Member of Provincial Parliament

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Thanks, professor. :wink:

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO, I bought some for new Years and ended up with a GF I didn't want.....be careful with that stuff.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

El Pinguino wrote:Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO...
Its still available at TBS, in fact its on sale foe $3.95.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ukie wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:Haha...last time Delirium Tremens was at the LCBO...
Its still available at TBS, in fact its on sale foe $3.95.
Ya, DT is widely available on tap and at the beer store....I'll grab a pint now and then. I do miss the days of "secretly buying it" at the LCBO though.
The only thing I ever buy at the beer store is Trois Pistoles. (Or, possibly now Maudite, since its not at the LCBO anymore either)

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Regardless of availability DT is still a good beer and I was glad this morning when my wife messaged me to tell me her LCBO store picked it up. :)
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..
Masterplan wrote:My LCBO just got another shipment of fat tug, are they still selling bottles from October or is there fresher stock?

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

How long has TBS had the Smuttynose Finestkind? Just spotted today, when getting a bunch of Delerium.
Also, it's good to see Trois Pistoles back.

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Lecocq wrote:I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.
Except in Hamilton :(

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

zane9 wrote:
Lecocq wrote:I'd say it is going on a couple of months now of Smuttynose IPA @ TBS. I believe it is being carried at the vast majority of the self serve stores.

True, closest stores either Guelph or Woodstock, who have been restocked several times. I mentioned it before Christmas to a guy at James and Fennel, who said he was a fan and would look into getting some but that's the last I heard.

I phoned TBS HQ and the CSR said, after I asked "Why no Hamilton?", "That's what the brewery wanted!"

I did get some from the Guelph store and to be truthful wasn't blown away. I may have to re-visit and get some fresher stuff.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Ukie wrote:
I phoned TBS HQ and the CSR said, after I asked "Why no Hamilton?", "That's what the brewery wanted!"
Wait, what? Smuttynose does not want their beer sold in Hamilton?

As a one-time resident of Hamilton, I enjoy a good joke at the city's expense as much as the next guy, but this is a bit of a head scratcher even if only partly true.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

spinrsx wrote:Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..
Masterplan wrote:My LCBO just got another shipment of fat tug, are they still selling bottles from October or is there fresher stock?
Yup, saw the same..

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Ukie wrote:
zane9 wrote:

True, closest stores either Guelph or Woodstock, who have been restocked several times. I mentioned it before Christmas to a guy at James and Fennel, who said he was a fan and would look into getting some but that's the last I heard.

I did get some from the Guelph store and to be truthful wasn't blown away. I may have to re-visit and get some fresher stuff.

I'm not blown away either by it. But hey, it's a relatively complex (esp. at warmer temps) if a bit muddled in taste and still blows away 99% of TBS' offerings.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

So the case for these non marked bottles says Feb 10th. Pretty fresh I guess.
rfrf wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Saw some fat tug at the lcbo today that had no date on it. The last batch was clearly labelled..
Yup, saw the same..