Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

icemachine wrote:Thanks for posting Yonge/7 is not taking reservations, expect to receive it Monday and put it out Tuesday (forgot to ask how many they are receiving)
Can't find anyone taking reservations either, but I also heard that some stores expect to be getting it Monday night (I guess they don't do deliveries over the weekend?)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Lucky me! Oakville & Trafalgar are not taking reservations and are expecting 9 cases.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

dutchcanuck wrote:Lucky me! Oakville & Trafalgar are not taking reservations and are expecting 9 cases.
Has anyone determined if # cases = # gift packs? Or are there multiple giftpacks in a case?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

The woman on the phone I spoke with believed that a case is 4 six packs. So at the oakville location they are expecting 9 cases or 36 6 packs. I think I should be able to snag one.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Nice to see Guelph, but no Waterloo? That's surprising. Also how does Ancaster get this? That store always gets stuff that others don't and then it sits on the shelf... Double Dead Guy being the most recent one that comes to mind.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'll buy this if I can, I'm usually good at ferreting out stock, but if the general retardedness over WESTY TWELVE!! makes this impossible I don't really give a tinker's flying f-ck at a rolling Krispy Kreme.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:I'll buy this if I can, I'm usually good at ferreting out stock, but if the general retardedness over WESTY TWELVE!! makes this impossible I don't really give a tinker's flying f-ck at a rolling Krispy Kreme.
reverse psychology won't work on me.
and we go to the same LBCO.
will be waiting for you...will steal your Westy and do a taunting dance over you as you bawl.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

I for one will not be purchasing any of this beer. Bleh.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Belgian wrote:I'll buy this if I can, I'm usually good at ferreting out stock, but if the general retardedness over WESTY TWELVE!! makes this impossible I don't really give a tinker's flying f-ck at a rolling Krispy Kreme.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

andrewrg wrote:I for one will not be purchasing any of this beer. Bleh.
yep, dont even care

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

matt7215 wrote:
andrewrg wrote:I for one will not be purchasing any of this beer. Bleh.
yep, dont even care
I don't even give a care!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I too could care less.....because I bought my packs in Alberta.....suckers :)
MatttthewGeorge wrote:Nice to see Guelph, but no Waterloo? That's surprising. Also how does Ancaster get this? That store always gets stuff that others don't and then it sits on the shelf... Double Dead Guy being the most recent one that comes to mind.
Yeah, kind of suprised at Ancaster, too. However, I am glad Hamiton at least got one store selling it for the sake of other beer lovers in the city. At 720,000 people in the area we still don't even get a single store with brewery features. Baffling.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

dale cannon wrote: Image
Any time I mention Aesop's fables, I get blank looks. Nice to see a reference to my favourite of his tales.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I have a couple Westy 12's cellaring - I'm more interested in the glasses at this opint - Whatever I don;t feel like aging I can always trade or give out as holiday gifts.

Yes, I'm the kind of guy who would gift a Westy 12.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

sprague11 wrote:I have a couple Westy 12's cellaring - I'm more interested in the glasses at this opint - Whatever I don;t feel like aging I can always trade or give out as holiday gifts.

Yes, I'm the kind of guy who would gift a Westy 12.

I was thinking about getting one as a gift too (If I was able to snag two of them) The whole thing set would be a pretty classy gift, too good for my brother-in-law, probably, but we'll see. :wink:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John