Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JK

Post by JK »

cripes that didn't work
any ideas on how to post a pic on this bad boy?
thanks

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

dale cannon wrote:
Belgian wrote:I'll buy this if I can, I'm usually good at ferreting out stock, but if the general retardedness over WESTY TWELVE!! makes this impossible I don't really give a tinker's flying f-ck at a rolling Krispy Kreme.

I'd like to get a couple of these. I'll even leave work in the middle of the day to get them (I'm just writing right now anyways). But I started worrying at the availability, and then I just thought "Screw it, if I really want it that bad, I can go and pay $30 for one next time I'm in TO." Starting to worry about stuff like this, quickly turns into me realizing it's really not that important.

JK, look at the tags below the "Subject" box in the reply screen.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Nice to see Guelph, but no Waterloo? That's surprising. Also how does Ancaster get this? That store always gets stuff that others don't and then it sits on the shelf... Double Dead Guy being the most recent one that comes to mind.
I'm confused about Waterloo not getting it either. Both King and Northfield, and King and William usually get everything, including all the brewery features.

It would be nice to get a chance to purchase this, but having had both the 12 and 8 before, I'm not too concerned with missing out.

JK

Post by JK »

Would like to put this bad boy to use
Sorry for being so frickin big and sideways will have to figure that one out.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I'm really interested in how this release will play itself out. Can't say I'll be buying one since I've had a chance to try it and I'm attempting to save money right now, but I'll be quite impressed with Toronto if it doesn't sit around in the stores for at least a little while.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

ChrisK wrote:I'm really interested in how this release will play itself out. Can't say I'll be buying one since I've had a chance to try it and I'm attempting to save money right now, but I'll be quite impressed with Toronto if it doesn't sit around in the stores for at least a little while.
Me too, I have a few in my cellar and the price is a bit steep, more than I paid. I think they have put them in the right stores. It takes a certain type of non-beer geek buyer to drop that cash on a few beers, regardless of the "best beer in the world" hype.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

I can't help but wonder how many are going to end up on ebay.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

kinguy wrote:I can't help but wonder how many are going to end up on ebay.
That loophole has been closed by Ebay now.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Torontoblue wrote:
kinguy wrote:I can't help but wonder how many are going to end up on ebay.
That loophole has been closed by Ebay now.
Didn't know that, thanks.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Nope, people just saying the bottles are empty, adding a question mark or a star next to the work @empty@.

Ebay lives on.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

matt7215 wrote:
andrewrg wrote:I for one will not be purchasing any of this beer. Bleh.
yep, dont even care
don't you want to split on a pack still matt? i can swing by stone rd in guelph, it's on the way home anyways.

to anyone who hasn't tried one yet and is salivating at this 'opportunity' - it's really not that spectacular of a beer. worth trying for sure, but if you've hyped it up to some holy level, it'll most likely be a disappointment.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

distr0 wrote: if you've hyped it up to some holy level, it'll most likely be a disappointment.
How can it not be a disappointment? After the hype in the media and the"it's coming soon!", "on its way!, "it'll be here next week!!!" announcements, I'm expecting moonbeams to shoot out of the bottle when it's opened.

Also, I hear Garbo is coming.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

All the beer drinkers in Ontario are SOBs... :)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:All the beer drinkers in Ontario are SOBs... :)
Gabbo?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:All the beer drinkers in Ontario are SOBs... :)
Gabbo?

That's what I assumed ceecee was referring to, unless he meant Greta Garbo.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John