Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mh007

Post by mh007 »

Thanks. I thought I had seen it somewhere on the thread, but I didn't want to search through the tens of pages...lol

It is strange that 3 outlets in London are getting it, but only 2 in Ottawa. One of which (Hunt Club & Merivale (Nepean Crossroads)) isn't a regular outlet for the special releases as far as I know...

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Nepean Crossroads is indeed a bit odd, but hey, it's on my way to work so I'll take a peak. Not 100% sold on getting a pack, but if it's there, I don't think I'll be able to resist. :D

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

cmadd wrote: Pliny and Westvleteren......aren't particularly technically demanding. There's nothing that makes them stand out, except their history.
:o

I understand a beer not living up to the hype but come on now...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Soods wrote:Go line up before it's all gone! Jeff you won't be able to forgive yourself for missing out on this! :D
Not that I even really slept. And when I did it was of nightmares of monks. :D

Be interesting to see what happens at Queen's Quay today.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is totally what is going to happen in Ottawa.. it will hit the shelves on Sunday December 23rd or something stupid. And they'll let some bar owner buy it all

[quote="mh007"

I wonder if it will show up later in Ottawa, since we usually get things much later than the GTA.[/quote]

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

JeffPorter wrote:
Soods wrote:Go line up before it's all gone! Jeff you won't be able to forgive yourself for missing out on this! :D

there will be a line-up at 9 AM. then things will be steady from 9:30 until noon.
fools will go and wait at 9.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

atomeyes wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:

there will be a line-up at 9 AM. then things will be steady from 9:30 until noon.
fools will go and wait at 9.
A guy I know is at Weston right now, he's 43rd in line and there are 60 cases.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Does anyone even have confirmation that certain stores are going to have it this morning? I've heard that King and Spadina didn't get it last night, so it still seems like kinda a crap shoot.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I just called the RBC one and they said they won't have it today, but possibly tomorrow if shipment comes in.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Once again, a great beer not available to anyone outside of urban centers. F-U LCBO.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

kwjd wrote:I just called the RBC one and they said they won't have it today, but possibly tomorrow if shipment comes in.
it is hilarious.
our taxpayer dollars at work.
call a store and listen to the jack-asses answering the phone.
no matter how polite you are, they act like you are killing them.

me: "hi, did..."
LCBO employee: "NO."
me: "oh. did you know"
LCBO: "No. maybe today. maybe tomorrow. don't know."
*click!*

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

atomeyes wrote:
kwjd wrote:I just called the RBC one and they said they won't have it today, but possibly tomorrow if shipment comes in.
it is hilarious.
our taxpayer dollars at work.
call a store and listen to the jack-asses answering the phone.
no matter how polite you are, they act like you are killing them.

me: "hi, did..."
LCBO employee: "NO."
me: "oh. did you know"
LCBO: "No. maybe today. maybe tomorrow. don't know."
*click!*
In fairness, they've been getting these phone calls all day everyday for a week. Actually everyone I spoke to was pretty good about it.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Not to defend them, but LCBO is hilariously under-prepared for things like this as it almost never happens. Their staff, especially since many of them are temporary seasonal workers, rarely have to deal with this kind of thing.

In the immortal words of Charlie Pap, "relax, & have a homebrew"!

uno99

Post by uno99 »

I was just at the yonge and 7 LCBO. I was told they might have it out tommorow morning. I also called the Queens Quay store, and she said they are going to start selling it at 10. She told me there is a line up of "about 50 people". I didnt ask how many they had though

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

uno99 wrote:I was just at the yonge and 7 LCBO. I was told they might have it out tommorow morning. I also called the Queens Quay store, and she said they are going to start selling it at 10. She told me there is a line up of "about 50 people". I didnt ask how many they had though
yeah, as i said, avoid getting to Queen's Quay when they open. go at 11.