Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

By sell out in 5 minutes I am sure they mean that it'll be promised to the people waiting in line before the store opens and will take 5 minutes to cash them out :P

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

JeffPorter wrote:I think at this point I've given up hope. Would willingly stand in line, but wouldn't be able to make it for 9am or earlier at any of the stores.
Find a store opening at 10 instead and line up at 9.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

dutchcanuck wrote:By sell out in 5 minutes I am sure they mean that it'll be promised to the people waiting in line before the store opens and will take 5 minutes to cash them out :P
You really think they'll work that fast? :D

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

lister

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

LOL! The guy in the photo was the one who tried to get the homeless guy to buy him an extra 6-pack.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

The Abbey of St. Sextus? I thought they took vows against that :)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Gedge wrote:
LOL! The guy in the photo was the one who tried to get the homeless guy to buy him an extra 6-pack.
:oops:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Gedge wrote:LOL! The guy in the photo was the one who tried to get the homeless guy to buy him an extra 6-pack.
I was heading for a cashier when I heard him say that but didn't get a look.

You know, I very briefly thought about doing that since the homeless guy was behind me in the lineup but decided against it because I didn't want to be a douche. I'll take my chances tomorrow or Friday.
lister

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Man, had I known...

My mother is muling a 6 pack from Premier in Halifax to Ottawa as we speak. I could have bought as many as I wanted from them (I bought 3 as it was) back in the summer. As pointed out earlier, they still have some sitting on the shop floor right now.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

lister wrote:
Gedge wrote:LOL! The guy in the photo was the one who tried to get the homeless guy to buy him an extra 6-pack.
I was heading for a cashier when I heard him say that but didn't get a look.

You know, I very briefly thought about doing that since the homeless guy was behind me in the lineup but decided against it because I didn't want to be a douche. I'll take my chances tomorrow or Friday.
Fun fact. Apparentely the homeless don't sleep in.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

I can't wait till all this west-sanit-y is over. Might have to crack into a deus if I manage a box...

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Like many have stated I hope this will get the LCBO to list other top beers more often.
SAQ has Chimay Blue and Rochefort 10 consistently, why can't we get these more often in Ontario?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Masterplan wrote:I can't wait till all this west-sanit-y is over.
+1 - although deciding not to try to get it is helpful.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

StevenThrasher wrote:Like many have stated I hope this will get the LCBO to list other top beers more often.
SAQ has Chimay Blue and Rochefort 10 consistently, why can't we get these more often in Ontario?
And St. Bernardus (at least reasonably frequently)...

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

StevenThrasher wrote:Like many have stated I hope this will get the LCBO to list other top beers more often.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on this forum that Chimay Blue, Rochefort 10 and Orval are becoming permanent listings at the LCBO next year. So... there's that.

Things are definitely getting better.