Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Sadly, my girlfriend tried three times today. Missed out at Queens Quay by about 6 people, Spadina and Dupont, and waited around at Church and Carlton to find out it wasn't on their truck.

This has now become too much work. I'm done. :(

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I have never seen so many posts from people with 1 post (or even with less than 5 posts) ... we might have had more today that we've had year-to-date.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I've been waiting for my account to be activated for a few months...was lurking ;)

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

^^^ same as that guy (longtime lurker, but only waited a few days before being activated this morning :) )

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Took me since June to get activated, glad to be here now though.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

admviolin wrote:I've been waiting for my account to be activated for a few months...was lurking ;)
That's crazy.

brew-san

Post by brew-san »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I have never seen so many posts from people with 1 post (or even with less than 5 posts) ... we might have had more today that we've had year-to-date.
heh.. I only have 15 posts.. but I've been lurking forever.. check my join date. :)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

brew-san wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I have never seen so many posts from people with 1 post (or even with less than 5 posts) ... we might have had more today that we've had year-to-date.
heh.. I only have 15 posts.. but I've been lurking forever.. check my join date. :)
I just double checked with my calculator and 16 > 5. 8)

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

The level of activity demonstrates the deep reservoir of frustration Ontario beer lovers have with the LCBO. Now if only we could translate that into concrete action that would resolve the situation once and for all. However, I think in that regard the LCBO is as well entrenched as some despotic regime in the Middle East. I'd love to be able to say this was the beginning of the end of the LCBO, but I wouldn't want to be so naïve.

brew-san

Post by brew-san »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
brew-san wrote:
I just double checked with my calculator and 16 > 5. 8)
just thought I pipe up before I got lumped in with the newbs. :P

KW1

Post by KW1 »

I waited 3 months for activation. Lurked for 2 years before.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

brew-san wrote:just thought I pipe up before I got lumped in with the newbs. :P
I wasn't intending to offend anyone with my post, which, as I re-read it does have a bit of an offensive tone to it.

The purpose was just to reiterate the Westy 12 hype and how many craft beer drinkers are actually out there in Ontario these days. It tends to be the crazies (like yours truly) that regularly post on these forums, but it would be great to have the kind of participation and discussion that this thread has caused on a daily basis in here...

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
brew-san wrote:just thought I pipe up before I got lumped in with the newbs. :P
I wasn't intending to offend anyone with my post, which, as I re-read it does have a bit of an offensive tone to it.

The purpose was just to reiterate the Westy 12 hype and how many craft beer drinkers are actually out there in Ontario these days. It tends to be the crazies (like yours truly) that regularly post on these forums, but it would be great to have the kind of participation and discussion that this thread has caused on a daily basis in here...
Oh I fully intend to post regularly now!

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

^^^ second post of yours I agree with!

Only one of my friends really follows beer news and tries different bottles and pints like I do, so it's great to have somewhere else where I can talk to other people in Ontario (and elsewhere) about new releases and find some hidden gems on the shelves and in the taps....

As for the topic at hand, I had a feeling that Westy would be high demand, but the magnitude of these lineups is a little heartbreaking......reminds me of lining up around Memorial Stadium in St. John's to get Tragically Hip tickets :)
Cashier at the MLG location said they should be getting their shipment out tomorrow, but if it's anytime before 4:00 then I'm definitely crap outta luck.
Last edited by GreatCop on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

admviolin wrote:I've been waiting for my account to be activated for a few months...was lurking ;)
Me too! Just got it activated today by harassing Cass.... This is my first post, but glad I can finally be a part of the conversations on here (beyond the Westy thread!).