Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Cass
Beer Superstar
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby Cass » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Sorry guys, sometimes I get behind with the registrations and they get filtered. If anyone is lurking who registered and isn't activated drop me a quick line at cass@cecktor.com with your username and I'll fix it up.

I did try to get some of the recent ones activated as I suspected many folks wanted to chat Westy :-)
zaireeka
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Postby zaireeka » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Image

To fill demand I thought I'd offer an alternative to westy. My pack consists of 8 home brewed "trappist" dubbel's and two tulip glasses from dollarama. These are bottled in real trappist bottles (a $15 value on ebay when empty) and with legendary gold caps. All this for $49.95.

My line up starts at 12:12:12am, sales start at 12:12:12pm. Demand will exceed supply. Bring a tent, it is cold outside.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Postby JeffPorter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 pm

A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
distr0
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: St. George

Postby distr0 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Postby JeffPorter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm

distr0 wrote:guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it


Sounds kind of silly, but how do they know how many people to expect? Based on number of calls, I suppose, but it could easily a lot less or a lot more. There's all kinds of factors that people can't resist.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
distr0
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: St. George

Postby distr0 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 pm

JeffPorter wrote:
distr0 wrote:guelph stone rd location will be getting 30 packs friday morning, and are expecting over 200 people to show up for it


Sounds kind of silly, but how do they know how many people to expect? Based on number of calls, I suppose, but it could easily a lot less or a lot more. There's all kinds of factors that people can't resist.


yeah, estimate based on calls i would guess
zaireeka
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Postby zaireeka » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

JeffPorter wrote:A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...


Can't take a joke?
User avatar
Droogy
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 am

Postby Droogy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 pm

distr0 wrote:swung by stone rd in guelph after work today. guy there said it was in the back already and should be on shelves overnight tonight


So a delay from tues to Friday? Makes no sense.

If they are doing a staggered release, good luck to the last store on the list!
User avatar
distr0
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: St. George

Postby distr0 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Droogy wrote:
distr0 wrote:swung by stone rd in guelph after work today. guy there said it was in the back already and should be on shelves overnight tonight


So a delay from tues to Friday? Makes no sense.

If they are doing a staggered release, good luck to the last store on the list!


yeah. to be honest, the guy who said that didn't sound like he knew for sure. he was probably sick of the questions and calls by that point :D
icemachine
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2637
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am
Location: Aurora, ON
Contact:

Postby icemachine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:25 pm

zaireeka wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...


Can't take a joke?


I think Jeff was referencing this

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I can't stop laughing at this....

http://dontdrinkbeer.com/2012/12/12/alr ... e-fuck-up/
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 am

for those interested:

there was a line at Bayview over an hr ago. not sure how big.

betting there's a line at the Laird location.

stay home and drink instead.
StevenThrasher
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Claremont

Postby StevenThrasher » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:48 am

atomeyes wrote:for those interested:

there was a line at Bayview over an hr ago. not sure how big.

betting there's a line at the Laird location.

stay home and drink instead.


Went to Bayview Village around 8:20AM. They handed out tickets for about 54 cases at around 8AM and had to turn some people away as the line up was bigger than that at that time.

Out of luck for me.

Will try Richmond Hill tomorrow much earlier or just skip the whole thing.
icemachine
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2637
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am
Location: Aurora, ON
Contact:

Postby icemachine » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am

StevenThrasher wrote:
atomeyes wrote:for those interested:

there was a line at Bayview over an hr ago. not sure how big.

betting there's a line at the Laird location.

stay home and drink instead.


Went to Bayview Village around 8:20AM. They handed out tickets for about 54 cases at around 8AM and had to turn some people away as the line up was bigger than that at that time.

Out of luck for me.

Will try Richmond Hill tomorrow much earlier or just skip the whole thing.


At least ten bricks were rolled into the back for people who weren't there at 9 to claim their ticket case. Took some pressing, but the Manager admitted they would hold them indefinitely for those with tickets.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole
IPA_Lover
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Toronto

Postby IPA_Lover » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 am

Went to Bayview Village around 8:20AM. They handed out tickets for about 54 cases at around 8AM and had to turn some people away as the line up was bigger than that at that time.

Out of luck for me.

Will try Richmond Hill tomorrow much earlier or just skip the whole thing.


So in Edmonton it sits on the shelf and gathers dust but in Toronto it's gone in 4 mins and dbags are paying construction workers and homeless people to buy them additional packs. I wish we could be as cool as you Edmonton.
^^^Hop-head ^^^
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby midlife crisis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 am

there are 40 packs at Avenue and Lawrence and there were less than 40 people in line when the store opened at 9 a.m.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests