Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

I wish we could be as cool as you Edmonton.
I think it's a case of Edmonton being so uncool it's cool. They deserve something for enduring those winters.

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

There was a report (posted in the store window) that Ancaster has not received their allotment yet. Depending on whom you believe, they will either put it out later today if it arrives, or have it available beginning Friday morning. I tend to think the latter situation is more likely.

nickw

Post by nickw »

King and Spadina had a few people waiting at 9, but a quick call to the store dispersed them for the time being. Likely tomorrow...?

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Leaside sold out

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Drove by King Edward and Rideau in Ottawa at about 9am. Lineup was about 60-70 people long. I continued to work.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I have no idea how Avenue and Lawrence flew under the radar on this. Presumably they got a larger allotment than they were expecting? At 8:40 a.m. there couldn't have been more than a dozen people in line for 40 packs. And to clarify, for those wondering, manager was still pretty clear he was going to limit it to one pack per person in line.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

IPA_Lover wrote: So in Edmonton it sits on the shelf and gathers dust but in Toronto it's gone in 4 mins and dbags are paying construction workers and homeless people to buy them additional packs. I wish we could be as cool as you Edmonton.
It's not actually gathering dust. The one store with some stock left, Sherbrooke, are actually holding them back to age and sell on in a year or so. There's a few cases left in my regular liquor store, Keg & Cork, who have also split some 6 packs due to broken glasses or bottles, and selling the bottles for around $12.99, but there isn't pallet loads of Westy XII knocking around up here. I can't speak for Calgary, though.

As a Province, I'm certain Alberta got a helluva lot more cases than Ontario, for fewer people. Plus, we're paying $10.00 more per case.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Mistakenly sent Mabel to Bayview for 10am opening... it was 9am. Guy said they had a lineup at 6AM. Ridiculous! Oh well, I will buy a few Rochefort when they come out and be happy with that.

Besides, Dirtbag McQuaig is rated higher than Westy anyways :wink:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I was in the line, they had more than enough for everyone. (130 packs total)

people walking in at store opening still got some
cfrancis wrote:Drove by King Edward and Rideau in Ottawa at about 9am. Lineup was about 60-70 people long. I continued to work.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Queen/Cox = FAIL.

They said 9:30 but product was no show.

At least they are generally handling this SO well, having 800 people drop by when it's not there yet, and then telling them so they don't stick around (didn't have to waste any time waiting.)
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yesterday again topped the previous day for most traffic of the year. We should have frenzies more often. Who wants to buy a banner ad? :-)

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Called the Nepean Crossing store - they are sold out.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

spinrsx wrote:these are popping up now..

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z439816577
Report them to kijiji; they have the same rule as Ebay in that you can't sell alcohol.

radiopolitic

Post by radiopolitic »

spinrsx wrote:these are popping up now..

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z439816577
It's really lame that people would do this. I mean I knew they would but still :(