Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

radiopolitic wrote:
spinrsx wrote:these are popping up now..

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z439816577
It's really lame that people would do this. I mean I knew they would but still :(
$500, eh?

the best part? this dude clearly cares nothing about the beer. just wants to make a buck.
and he'll be stuck with that pack. $75 and 3 hrs well spend, idioto

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I cannot honestly fathom anyone paying that much. I mean, $500 goes a long way to actually buying a ticket to Belgium!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Poster does not have any previous ads.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Poster just got reported.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Royal York and Bloor had 33-6packs.

Handed out tickets and opened store early to let those with tickets in and buy their gift pack.

Sold out early, but at least you knew not to hang around for something that wasn't going to come.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Kijiji ads have been quickly removed.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:
IPA_Lover wrote: So in Edmonton it sits on the shelf and gathers dust but in Toronto it's gone in 4 mins and dbags are paying construction workers and homeless people to buy them additional packs. I wish we could be as cool as you Edmonton.
It's not actually gathering dust. The one store with some stock left, Sherbrooke, are actually holding them back to age and sell on in a year or so. There's a few cases left in my regular liquor store, Keg & Cork, who have also split some 6 packs due to broken glasses or bottles, and selling the bottles for around $12.99, but there isn't pallet loads of Westy XII knocking around up here. I can't speak for Calgary, though.

As a Province, I'm certain Alberta got a helluva lot more cases than Ontario, for fewer people. Plus, we're paying $10.00 more per case.
I think Zyn in Calgary is likely holding a portion back as well, as they weren't out when I was in Calgary last month, despite having hundreds and hundres of packs.

Calgary CO-OP Liquor Stores still have a few sitting out o. Their floors according to my wife in Calgary. They were going for $65 when I was there last.

Alberta is definitely an anomally. Not that a ton of product isn't sold, because it is. It's just that supply usually outstrips demand in a lot of cases, hense Westy, most Cantillon, and others being in ready supply. There has been the rare beer run/minor freak outs in Calgary where beers do indeed sell out, though (Fou Foune, Black Galaxy, White Galaxy being ones I can recall).

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

Kijiji ads have been quickly removed.
They'll be back. These people are like spammers; they have no shame and an almost infinite persistence at circumventing and evading the rules. Why do they do it? Because they know we can't stop them.

dwt

Post by dwt »

Cass wrote:Yesterday again topped the previous day for most traffic of the year. We should have frenzies more often. Who wants to buy a banner ad? :-)
Horizon should out of good will.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

zaireeka wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:A child develops a learning disability every time you post a picture of beer no one gives a shit about.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All of his posts seem to be like that. Sorry you guys who run beer blogs, that might be my new favourite one...
Can't take a joke?

Wow! That was a REALLY coincidental couple of posts back to back. No, sorry - I was quoting the blogger, who obviously wasn't referring to your picture.

I thought your post was funny, though. :D
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

inertiaboy wrote:Called the Nepean Crossing store - they are sold out.
A buddy and I got there at 8:00 and were 8th and 9th in line. By opening, the line was almost blocking an entrance to the parking lot.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

They've popped up on Craigslist now.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

mixedup wrote:They've popped up on Craigslist now.
Looks like the same 2 trying to sell them on Kijiji. Just keep reporting them :)

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

What's the chances of these still being available in Calgary in February?

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Torontoblue wrote: Looks like the same 2 trying to sell them on Kijiji. Just keep reporting them :)
There's a new one trying to sell for $350 saying "This is the proper resell price" so no haggling. Hah.