Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Ah, the great LCBO beer frenzy. Brings back memories of one of the first frenzies, DFH 60...

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3886

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

This might be the most entertaining Bar Towel thread ever.

I'm especially amused by the reference to this being a LITERAL shitshow. Some great imagery there... :roll:

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Is it an Ontario Shitshow or a Saskatchewan Shitshow....I believe there is a world of difference?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Torontoblue wrote:Is it an Ontario Shitshow or a Saskatchewan Shitshow....I believe there is a world of difference?
Or maybe a Nova Scotia Shitshow...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

All I'm saying is, I'm not counting my shit chickens before they hatch!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Also, I heard this beer tasted like shit.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

GregClow wrote: I'm especially amused by the reference to this being a LITERAL shitshow. Some great imagery there... :roll:

It's true and I should take responsibility for that. Sorry about that.

I have to be honest: I suffer from pretty severe anxiety (like, sick-leave inducing, and an once a hospital stay anxiety) this time of year, and as silly and unimportant as a beer is, not knowing whether I'm not I'm going to get it is really adding to that - and I'm not even a huge fan of Belgians.

Anyway it's kind of stupid in the grand scheme of things, and we all probably need to try to relax.

Cheers.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

icemachine wrote:I'm guessing a lot of bars will be chasing this. It's not like it will go bad when cellared
Yeah you're right. This is where the limit per person comes in handy. I think a lot of the bars that would sell this got enough when Peter had it several months back now.

Raisy

Post by Raisy »

PeenSteen wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:And so I fear as a someone living outside of Toronto that my chances of laying my hands on this will be about the same chance as a pig flying.
I think it will be easier to get outside of Toronto to be honest.
Sometimes I don't understand their rationale for distribution; I've been told that Windsor is not on their distribution list, but that 3 stores in London are. I don't like it, but I understand when GTA is the main focus, but if there is going to be wider distribution, I don't understand what qualifies London to get 3 locations and Windsor none.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

Raisy wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:And so I fear as a someone living outside of Toronto that my chances of laying my hands on this will be about the same chance as a pig flying.
I think it will be easier to get outside of Toronto to be honest.
Sometimes I don't understand their rationale for distribution; I've been told that Windsor is not on their distribution list, but that 3 stores in London are. I don't like it, but I understand when GTA is the main focus, but if there is going to be wider distribution, I don't understand what qualifies London to get 3 locations and Windsor none.
I have been assured (two separate sources) that there will be no distribution where I live/work.

Perhaps it won't be as bad as the Deus debacle.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

thought i posted this. maybe i did and it was deleted? idunno. the #s are the store #s, not # of cases per store.

Toronto-North York Hwy 401 & Weston (Crossroads)

Toronto-Central Queen & Coxwell (The Beach)

Toronto-Central Yonge & Summerhill

Toronto-Central Dupont & Spadina

Toronto-Central King & Dufferin (Liberty Village)

Ancaster Golf Links & Hwy 403 (Meadowlands)

London York & Ridout

Ottawa Rideau & King Edward

Kingston Barrack & King

Toronto-Etobicoke Bloor & Royal York (Kingsway)

Toronto-Central Laird & Eglinton (Leaside)

Toronto-Central Queens Quay & Yonge

Toronto-North York Bayview & Sheppard (Bayview Village)

London Richmond & Fanshawe Pk (Masonville)

Ottawa-Nepean Hunt Club & Merivale (Nepean Crossroads)

London Wonderland & Southdale (Power Centre)

Toronto-North York Avenue & Lawrence

Toronto-Central Front & Bay (Royal Bank Plaza)

Oakville Cornwall & Trafalgar

Guelph Scottsdale & Stone Road West

Toronto-Central King & Spadina

Toronto-Central Bay & Bloor (Manulife Centre)

Toronto-Central Carlton & Church

Richmond Hill Yonge & Hwy 7

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Thanks for posting...looks like I will be driving to Oakville!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Thanks for posting Yonge/7 is not taking reservations, expect to receive it Monday and put it out Tuesday (forgot to ask how many they are receiving)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole