Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

spinrsx wrote:looking forward to hearing a story about how someone got a westy 12 single for 2$ at the lcbo
Lol there is a bar code on the back. (The ones I have from Calgary at least) So some cashiers may be stupid enough to do it.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

spinrsx wrote:looking forward to hearing a story about how someone got a westy 12 single for 2$ at the lcbo
I should try that. :lol:

Seriously though, I wouldn't actually do that.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

I inquired online using the helloLCBO customer service page about Westy's northern Ontario distribution. Unsurprisingly my city isnt among the select stores but for Ottawa and Kingston folks, she did supply this "In Ottawa it is expected to be available at the Rideau & King Edward store and the Nepean Hunt Club & Merivale store.
In Kingston is expected to be available at the Barrack & King store."

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Beer'n'gin wrote:I inquired online using the helloLCBO customer service page about Westy's northern Ontario distribution. Unsurprisingly my city isnt among the select stores but for Ottawa and Kingston folks, she did supply this "In Ottawa it is expected to be available at the Rideau & King Edward store and the Nepean Hunt Club & Merivale store.
Since when were Ottawa and Kingston in northern Ontario.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

mintjellie wrote:
Beer'n'gin wrote:I inquired online using the helloLCBO customer service page about Westy's northern Ontario distribution. Unsurprisingly my city isnt among the select stores but for Ottawa and Kingston folks, she did supply this "In Ottawa it is expected to be available at the Rideau & King Edward store and the Nepean Hunt Club & Merivale store.
I have coworkers that consider Bradford Northern Ontario
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

sprague11 wrote:
mintjellie wrote:
I have coworkers that consider Bradford Northern Ontario
When I lived downtown, Eglinton was the Far North...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

The scoop that I heard today:

Around 20 stores are getting it. some stores more than others.
The store I went to is getting 15 cases. They're not sure if it is 15 6-packs or if a case is (for example) 4 of the 6 packs. I assume the latter.

Anyways, I suggest that you put your name down at your local store. There was already a waiting list for 20 cases at my store.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I have been told that there will not be any holds taken for the beer- first come, first served. Maximum 2 cases per customer. I wonder if there is any uniformity to this event!
Ren

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

This is what I've been told at cooper st as well. I assume its going to be a gong show
jrenihan wrote:I have been told that there will not be any holds taken for the beer- first come, first served. Maximum 2 cases per customer. I wonder if there is any uniformity to this event!
Ren
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

jrenihan wrote:I have been told that there will not be any holds taken for the beer- first come, first served. Maximum 2 cases per customer. I wonder if there is any uniformity to this event!
Ren
And when my wife called the Stone rd store in Guelph she was told its first come, first served based on the list of names that call in. By the way it was described to her, it sounds like no 6 packs will ever see the shelves at that location because they'll all be spoken for before they arrive in store.

Gotta love the differences in info from store to store...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

JeffPorter wrote:This is what I've been told at cooper st as well. I assume its going to be a gong show
Ren
well, dude at our LCBO has my phone # and email and spent 10 min chatting about beer. i'd be unhappy if he didn't make an attempt to let me know that they weren't holding. considering that I'm working 12 hrs that day, i'd be very unhappy to go empty handed

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

So what do you think a good strategy is? Showing up at the doors when the open?
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Does anyone know the list of stores getting these in stock? I need to know where I have to drive too.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

nickelass wrote:So what do you think a good strategy is? Showing up at the doors when the open?
That won't cut it.

Camp out in front of the store overnight wearing a monk's habit and carrying a sign saying 'Westy 12 FTW!'.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

dale cannon wrote:
nickelass wrote:So what do you think a good strategy is? Showing up at the doors when the open?
That won't cut it.

Camp out in front of the store overnight wearing a monk's habit and carrying a sign saying 'Westy 12 FTW!'.
:lol: