Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Lol...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z439884145

Selling sentimental teddy bear for Christmas season.

Also throwing in Westvleteren 12 Collectible Beer FREE as a Christmas Gift. Westvleteren 12 is a rare beer on limited release in Canada. Touted as the `greatest beer on Earth`only 1,404 were released to LCBO, all of which sold out in minutes

Lower than $450 dont bother. Highest bid over next few days gets it unless you want it outright for $500.
Bollocks.....beat me to it :wink:

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

I'm actually only interested in getting one of the glasses. If anyone who managed to get a pack doesn't have room for both in their cupboard I'd be willing to trade something from my collection of beers...

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

vandutchy wrote:I wonder if any of this will end up at some of the local bars with an insane price per bottle? If I find out that bars around the GTA sent folks out in line to buy up as much as they can so that they can gauge us at their establishments that will be the last time I give any of my hard earned $'s to them!
The licensee depot got around 650 of them and they only sell to bars/restaurants...thats where bars and restaurants will go for this one. I'm sure they are not waiting in lines nor is there a one per customer limit.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

PeenSteen wrote:
vandutchy wrote:I wonder if any of this will end up at some of the local bars with an insane price per bottle? If I find out that bars around the GTA sent folks out in line to buy up as much as they can so that they can gauge us at their establishments that will be the last time I give any of my hard earned $'s to them!
The licensee depot got around 650 of them and they only sell to bars/restaurants...thats where bars and restaurants will go for this one. I'm sure they are not waiting in lines nor is there a one per customer limit.
That would explain why there was 1400 available to the public, yet reports of 2000 being brought into the province
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

radiopolitic

Post by radiopolitic »

spinrsx wrote:I'm having a pretty good beer day - picked these up so far

The DDC giftpack is for sale in Ontario?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

radiopolitic wrote:

Quebec. The great thing about living in Ottawa. LCBO release in the morning, Quebec beers in the afternoon.

The thing about the Dieu du Ciel pack is the Peche is aged in bourbon and the Derniere Volonte is aged in Pinot barrels and two awesome glasses.

radiopolitic

Post by radiopolitic »

cfrancis wrote:
radiopolitic wrote:

Quebec. The great thing about living in Ottawa. LCBO release in the morning, Quebec beers in the afternoon.

The thing about the Dieu du Ciel pack is the Peche is aged in bourbon and the Derniere Volonte is aged in Pinot barrels and two awesome glasses.
*sigh*

mewants.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

PeenSteen wrote:The licensee depot got around 650 of them and they only sell to bars/restaurants...thats where bars and restaurants will go for this one. I'm sure they are not waiting in lines nor is there a one per customer limit.
Well, I know of at least two owners of a particular bar who were checking out one LCBO on Monday morning. Maybe they were looking for themselves but my $$$ would be on a bar purchase. I had the day off so I was checking out the LCBO first thing in the morning and noticed them.

I've never liked the fact that licensees can buy at retail LCBOs. Doesn't seem fair that they can easily grab a whole whack of limited or seasonal product.
lister

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

cfrancis wrote: The thing about the Dieu du Ciel pack is the Peche is aged in bourbon and the Derniere Volonte is aged in Pinot barrels and two awesome glasses.
I do believe we're getting these into Alberta soon. If not in a gift pack, then just the bottles.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

... not sure why I even look at these forms, .... I just end up dreaming of beers I'll never have, then it's onto Port and bourbon forms to see what else I'm missing out on.... I must just be a gluten for punishment... goddamnitsomuch

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Urotsukidoji wrote:... not sure why I even look at these forms, .... I just end up dreaming of beers I'll never have, then it's onto Port and bourbon forms to see what else I'm missing out on.... I must just be a gluten for punishment... goddamnitsomuch
Mmmmmm.....I kinda collect port, too.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Torontoblue wrote:
Urotsukidoji wrote:... not sure why I even look at these forms, .... I just end up dreaming of beers I'll never have, then it's onto Port and bourbon forms to see what else I'm missing out on.... I must just be a gluten for punishment... goddamnitsomuch
Mmmmmm.....I kinda collect port, too.
It can be painful seeing what others are able to get port-wise... and the prices they get it at.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

If anyone wants the DDC pack. PM me and I'll see if I can find you one and then we can find something to trade. I know there are a ton of brewery only stuff from TO that I'd be interested in.

thedude99

Post by thedude99 »

spinrsx wrote:lol, that's clever
TheBeeraholic wrote:Lol...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z439884145

Selling sentimental teddy bear for Christmas season.

Also throwing in Westvleteren 12 Collectible Beer FREE as a Christmas Gift. Westvleteren 12 is a rare beer on limited release in Canada. Touted as the `greatest beer on Earth`only 1,404 were released to LCBO, all of which sold out in minutes

Lower than $450 dont bother. Highest bid over next few days gets it unless you want it outright for $500.
I remember seeing people selling pencils on eBay for insane amounts and graciously including a pair of Radiohead tickets.

It's an old trick.

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

Here is the latest from the LCBO (http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... Um13ZGw%3D):

Toronto
-Highway 401 & Weston (Crossroads) 416-243-3320 sold out
-Queen & Coxwell 416-691-9758 - Pending arrival
-Yonge & Summerhill 416-922-0403 sold out
-Dupont & Spadina 416-922-7066 sold out
-King & Dufferin (Liberty Village) 416-538-9200 - - Release Dec 14
-Bloor & Royal York 416-239-3065 sold out
-Laird & Eglinton 416-425-6282 sold out
-QueensQuay & Yonge 416-864-6777 sold out
-Bayview & Sheppard (Bayview Village) 416-222-7658 - sold out
-Avenue Road & Lawrence 416-785-6389 sold out
-Front & Bay (Royal Bank Plaza) 416-368-9644 - Release Dec 14
-King & Spadina 416-598-1482 - Pending arrival
-Bloor & Bay (Manulife Centre) 416-925-5266 - Pending arrival
-Carlton & Church 416-599-1967 sold out

London
-Wonderland & Southdale (Power Centre) 519-471-4930 - Pending arrival
-York & Ridout 519-432-1831 - sold out
-Richmond & Fanshawe Pk (Masonville) 519-660-1366 - Pending arrival

Ottawa
-Rideau & King Edward 613-789-5226 - sold out
-Hunt Club & Merivale (Nepean Crossroads) 613-224-4333 - sold out

Richmond Hill
–Yonge & Hwy 7 905-886-3511 - Pending arrival

Ancaster
–Golf Links & Hwy 403 (Meadowlands) 905-304-9608 - Pending arrival

Guelph
–Scottsdale & Stone Rd. West. 519-823-5080 - Release Dec 14

Oakville
–Cornwall & Trafalgar 905-845-8100 - Release Dec 14

Kingston
–Barrack & King 613-549-5092 - Pending arrival

So I called the Ancaster location trying to get a clarification. After several busy signals I spoke with an obviously harried employee. Here is a paraphrase of the conversation:

BP: The LCBO website says the beer is “pending arrival.” Can you tell me what that means?

LCBO: Well, what do you think it means? We’ll sell it when we get it.

BP: Does that mean you won’t have it on sale tomorrow?

LCBO: If we get it, we’ll sell it tomorrow.

BP: Could it arrive later today?

LCBO: I don’t know.

BP: Could it be on sale beginning Saturday?

LCBO: We’ll sell it when we get it.

BP: Is it possible it would arrive on Saturday?

LCBO: Normally, no. But this is the holidays, and with this beer I wouldn’t want to say.

I don’t fault the person I spoke with, but this is clearly out of hand. If there are lines over the weekend, I fear it will require police presence.