Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Westy 12 release: mid December

Post by atomeyes »

Was just told that it will be in Ontario in the 1st week of December and that its projected to be in stores mid-December.

rejoice?

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Oh, man. I'm flying home to Newfoundland for Christmas mid-December. If I miss this by a day or two I'm going to go crazy.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

atomeyes wrote:
rejoice?
Yes, but I'll hold off on the rejoicing when I see it in my hands! Hmm...good gift for someone? For me?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

The cost of this gift pack will be upwards of $80?
Anyone verify this?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Beer'n'gin wrote:The cost of this gift pack will be upwards of $80?
Anyone verify this?
That's what I heard - having said that, the going rate seems to be 30-40 bucks a beer at different bars, so when you factor that, the pack is a decent deal!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

keep in mind that Horizon had optimistically said that it would be available by Nov 1. I'm cynical of a quick turnaround time for labeling, possible lab testing, and distribution.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Anyone verify this?
That's correct. The two I bought from a buddy in Calgary were $80.00 unless they mark it up province to province it should still be $80.00

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

atomeyes wrote:Was just told that it will be in Ontario in the 1st week of December and that its projected to be in stores mid-December.

rejoice?
Do the guys at Horizon have a restraining order out on your yet? :D

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:Was just told that it will be in Ontario in the 1st week of December and that its projected to be in stores mid-December.

rejoice?
Do the guys at Horizon have a restraining order out on your yet? :D
maybe on my liver. and hopefully on my wallet.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Anyone verify this?
That's correct. The two I bought from a buddy in Calgary were $80.00 unless they mark it up province to province it should still be $80.00
Had to read THAT a few times. I gather each of two six-packs were $80.00.

At those prices a nice cheap Superbowl beer.
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

These aren't even in the warehouse yet. Don't hold your breath on a mid-December release.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

PeenSteen wrote:These aren't even in the warehouse yet. Don't hold your breath on a mid-December release.
LCBO brand number for Westvleteren, 317255
As of this week, I have been informed that Westvleteren will arrive in Ontario the first week of December for processing. Once this is completed the beer will be shipped out to various LCBO’s, exact stores is yet to be confirmed, and ready for purchase the second week of December.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

When I emailed Dan back, he said even he was kinda skeptical of the timing, but that's what he's been told by the LCBO.

Maybe they'll push it out as soon as it gets here to get on the shelves before Christmas.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

This is in the warehouse as of yesterday....so depending on the red tape BS this could be out sooner than later

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Release date - 12-12-12?
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/