Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

atomeyes wrote:IF it was true that some penishead in calgary bought 500 cases in a day, you should ramp up your flagging. that will be awesome. that's $40 000 of beer to be stuck with
i've been sticking to the ontario listings so far...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

there were lots left in alberta. apparently.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Apparently? Well, that's definitive :wink:

Only story I've seen/read about a bulk purchase was a local guy here buying 15 cases over the weekend, for a total sum of $1200.00.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

alberta was cleared out.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Not true. Might be out of stock in the warehouse, seeing as it was an allocated product, but the shelves certainly aren't empty.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Got a sixer at the Masonville location last Friday. The line seemed like good people, up until a gaggle of d-bags congealed out of the gutter and began breeding via mitosis.

A late arriving co-worker got one of the last 5 tickets, so all in all it was a good day.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Got a sixer at the Masonville location last Friday. The line seemed like good people, up until a gaggle of d-bags congealed out of the gutter and began breeding via mitosis.
Did you find that people were letting others in line? I saw a bit of that.

Also - not sure if I mentioned this, but some of the folks in line were pretty young and I never saw anyone get I.D.ed. Mind you, what 18 year old would wait in line for two hours for a beer you might get I.D.ed for.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

JeffPorter wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Got a sixer at the Masonville location last Friday. The line seemed like good people, up until a gaggle of d-bags congealed out of the gutter and began breeding via mitosis.

Also - not sure if I mentioned this, but some of the folks in line were pretty young and I never saw anyone get I.D.ed. Mind you, what 18 year old would wait in line for two hours for a beer you might get I.D.ed for.
When I arrived at Weston Road and 401, I asked whether anyone was holding a spot for anyone else and I was told that we don't do that around here.

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

It appears Thirsty & Miserable got their shipment......in case you can't access the photo, looks like about 18 bottles, $35 a pop

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

JeffPorter wrote:

I didn't see anyone line hopping. Probably wouldn't have went over well.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Not sure if this was posted before, but here's Steve Beaumont's interview on Metro Morning about the release. Shout to the "chat boards" for having the latest info :-)

http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/episodes ... rmet-beer/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Cass wrote:Not sure if this was posted before, but here's Steve Beaumont's interview on Metro Morning about the release. Shout to the "chat boards" for having the latest info :-)

http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/episodes ... rmet-beer/
As I wrote to Steve the morning I head this interview, I never thought about hear a discussion of Westy on Metro morning!

Beer time is a lot faster than real time!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

The Only has them for $30.

and there is still some in Alberta. just not at the majority of retail stores.
i assume that they'll have enough for the next 2-4 weeks. demand has skyrocketted.

i assume there are a lot of unsavoury folks out there buying some to re-sell.

but i have 9 cases that I ordered for me and some people on here. very easy to place an order.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Easy to order from where?

These things are all over Craigslist and don't seem to remove them like Kijiji does.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

mixedup wrote:Easy to order from where?

These things are all over Craigslist and don't seem to remove them like Kijiji does.
You can order online from Zyn, but you still take the chance of it being seized as they are not allowed to ship outside Alberta.

And shipping beer this time of the year is not recommended. Especially as there's a big cold front hovering over Alberta at the moment, gonna be down to -20c over the next few days and possibly to -30 next week. Mmmmm, a Westy ice-pop :P