Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Camerons Barrel series. Can anyone help me out?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cattersley

Camerons Barrel series. Can anyone help me out?

Post by cattersley »

Cognac Barrel, and Doppelbock, 12.95 a bottle, I live in Bowmanville, would love two or each or a least one of each, can anyone make that happen?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

cattersley wrote:Cognac Barrel, and Doppelbock, 12.95 a bottle, I live in Bowmanville, would love two or each or a least one of each, can anyone make that happen?
Relax. It's going to have a larger roll out - not exclusive to the stores where it's currently showing stock.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

Thanks, when?!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Pretty sure they're being sent to more places in the province right now.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

distr0

Post by distr0 »

lots of them both on the shelf and in the cooler in guelph today. i doubt it'll be too hard to find over the next few days

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

I am no where near any of those stores...

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

I just asked on their FB.

The list the Beeraholic posted is it. No more stores than listed.

Raisy

Post by Raisy »

Would anyone be willing to pick up an extra bottle of the Cognac Barrel and the Dopplebock Bourbon Barrel aged for trade? I would love to try these, but since I'm in Windsor, it is a little too far to drive. I have a pretty decent collection in my cellar and can get a across to Michigan if there is a specific request. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This thread is proof that we need to see more barrel aged beers in this province. The fact that a brewery that has only done one previous barrel aged beer, which had pretty lacklustre reviews, has people wanting to trade for their next barrel aged beers, shows the demand is defintiely there.

I am sure that some of this also has to do with the credibility that Cameron's gained from RPA. Either way, it is great to see Cameron's stepping up and filling the void. I will buy a bottle of each and try them out.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I was told by Cameron's there was going to be at least a couple of mississauga stores - though they aren't listed yet.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:I was told by Cameron's there was going to be at least a couple of mississauga stores - though they aren't listed yet.
There are two Mississauga stores listed - Erin Mills and Clarkson. Do you mean to others?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:I was told by Cameron's there was going to be at least a couple of mississauga stores - though they aren't listed yet.
There are two Mississauga stores listed - Erin Mills and Clarkson. Do you mean to others?
No, sorry, I didn't see the cameron's link - I was talking about the "list" currently in the LCBO inventory. Those are the two I meant.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Has anyone tried either of these?
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Picked up both of them last night at Yonge and Lawrence. Most excited for the VSPA, I've had lots of beers aged in whisky barrels, never wine or brandy ones...