Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Jackson Square Hamilton LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Jackson Square Hamilton LCBO

Post by zane9 »

I hope this post belongs here.

The Jackson Square location has the poorest selection of craft beer in Hamilton. But to my surprise, the other day I went into the store and saw Boneshaker and other beers on the shelves. Yay!

I found out that an initiative taken by a local beer-lover has been paying off. He had a meeting with the store manager, who is now on board, and is slowly adding more selections.

If you take the time to fill in the survey with your suggestions, the manager will receive it directly. It would be great to have at least the core permanent craft beer listings being added to the shelves.

Survey is here: http://www.bikehounds.ca/lcbo-survey/

Thanks.

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

That's funny. I haven't been in there in a long time simply because of the beer selection.

The last time I went in was because I have a colleague who likes Blue Nun wine (LOL) so I got her a bottle as a gift. I was just down that way yesterday and specifically avoided that LCBO. It makes me weep a little on the inside whenever I go in there. LOL

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I remember seeing an article about it, it looked like half the shelf space allotted for craft beer was taken up with coolers. When I lived in Hamilton, I'd just go to the Dundurn location. Great selection.