Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rochefort 10

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

esprit wrote: we are pitching the Dubbel for Winter 2013.
This would be nice! It was here a few years ago, no?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

I'm grabbing a case of the Rochefort 10...if anyone is interested in splitting, let me know (only looking to split 12/12).

Would keep it all to myself, but wife says i'm on a budget... ;)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

BEER P0RN - enjoy:
It is a sexy bottle...

I do like that Abbaye de Scourmont (Chimay) is trying something new and craft-beery. Clearly there's a market for (and damn good marketing IN) some special-release beers.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Belgian wrote:+ 1 on Westmalle Dubbel = one of the best Trappists. At least par with Westvleteren 8, IMLE.

The WM Tripel is THE defining, original Belgian Tripel, but I just don't drink boozy Tripels so often. It is a great one!
These are both great. They used to always be in stock at the LCBO years back too. I have 1 westmalle tripel and 1 westmalle dubbel left from those years ago....

Not sure how to tell their 'age', probably from 2006 or so? The Dubbel is BB May 2008 and the Tripel is BB October 2009 on their labels.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

El Pinguino wrote:
Belgian wrote:+ 1 on Westmalle Dubbel = one of the best Trappists. At least par with Westvleteren 8, IMLE.

The WM Tripel is THE defining, original Belgian Tripel, but I just don't drink boozy Tripels so often. It is a great one!
These are both great. They used to always be in stock at the LCBO years back too. I have 1 westmalle tripel and 1 westmalle dubbel left from those years ago....

Not sure how to tell their 'age', probably from 2006 or so? The Dubbel is BB May 2008 and the Tripel is BB October 2009 on their labels.
i'd say the BB is 2 years after bottling. just an educated guess

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I read that somewhere as well that the date is 2 years after it was brewed. Either way, they're near the top of my drink-next list, so they won't last much longer!

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

esprit wrote:Rochefort 10 is $142.80 for a case of 24 all in. We sold out before Xmas but have another shipment on the way which should be here in the next month or so and would be available for pick up in Toronto or transfer to an out of town LCBO store.
Hi Peter, any update on arrival date of Rochefort 10?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Nothing to update about...we don't have an order from the LCBO. We do have an order in Consignment which should be available in a week or two...we hope.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The LCBO has purchased a very small quantity (about 50 cases of 12) of this special Chimay release and we're waiting for it to arrive. It is a 10% version of their White or Tripel which is regularly 8%.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Is there anyone in Sudbury or the northeast region that would split a case of Rochefort 10? I have a case on reserve but need 1 or 2 others to split it with me. I'd place the full order but could purchase about 8 bottles of that case. Need 1 or more to help me split this. Thanks

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

any word on when the Rochefort 8 will be at the lcbo?
esprit wrote:FYI, Chimay Blue and Rochefort 8 will be full fledged General Lists in the New Year. Orval will be a seasonal in the first quarter. Rochefort 10 is only available through us on Consignment. Also coming in a limited availability one shot is Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante in corked 750ml silk-screened bottle, their one time 150th anniversary version of White Cap but at 10% instead of the normal 8%. Hope that sheds some light on our upcoming offerings.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:any word on when the Rochefort 8 will be at the lcbo?
It's listed now.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

holy cow.. $2.55?!?!?!?!

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

spinrsx wrote:holy cow.. $2.55?!?!?!?!
$3.80 at SAQ.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

spinrsx wrote:holy cow.. $2.55?!?!?!?!