Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rochefort 10

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

StevenThrasher

Rochefort 10

Post by StevenThrasher »

Apologies for the new thread but I remember reading and now can't find where someone said that Rochefort 10, Orval and Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue) are coming to the LCBO possibly on a full listing.
With all the Westy 12 commotion, I'm hoping this is happens sooner rather than later.

Are there any more details on it?

Cheers,
ST

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

StevenThrasher wrote:Apologies for the new thread but I remember reading and now can't find where someone said that Rochefort 10, Orval and Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue) are coming to the LCBO possibly on a full listing.
With all the Westy 12 commotion, I'm hoping this is happens sooner rather than later.

Are there any more details on it?

Cheers,
ST
no one's replied, so i'll save you the many sleepless nights you're likely having.

the assumption: full listings, no Westy 12 scenario. i'd guess February - just like the Westmalle release in 2012.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

FYI, Chimay Blue and Rochefort 8 will be full fledged General Lists in the New Year. Orval will be a seasonal in the first quarter. Rochefort 10 is only available through us on Consignment. Also coming in a limited availability one shot is Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante in corked 750ml silk-screened bottle, their one time 150th anniversary version of White Cap but at 10% instead of the normal 8%. Hope that sheds some light on our upcoming offerings.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

esprit wrote:FYI, Chimay Blue and Rochefort 8 will be full fledged General Lists in the New Year. Orval will be a seasonal in the first quarter. Rochefort 10 is only available through us on Consignment. Also coming in a limited availability one shot is Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante in corked 750ml silk-screened bottle, their one time 150th anniversary version of White Cap but at 10% instead of the normal 8%. Hope that sheds some light on our upcoming offerings.
Wow. Rochefort 8 as a general list? That is probably the craziest and most incredible LCBO news I heard. Everything else is pretty exciting too. The LCBO can be pretty frustrating but it has brought in some great stuff recently.
Ren

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

esprit wrote:FYI, Chimay Blue and Rochefort 8 will be full fledged General Lists in the New Year. Orval will be a seasonal in the first quarter. Rochefort 10 is only available through us on Consignment. Also coming in a limited availability one shot is Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante in corked 750ml silk-screened bottle, their one time 150th anniversary version of White Cap but at 10% instead of the normal 8%. Hope that sheds some light on our upcoming offerings.
Is the rochefort 10 available now? What is the price per case and does it ship to any lcbo store?

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

jrenihan wrote:
Wow. Rochefort 8 as a general list? That is probably the craziest and most incredible LCBO news I heard. Everything else is pretty exciting too. The LCBO can be pretty frustrating but it has brought in some great stuff recently.
Ren
that and the chimay blue will be awesome. used to love the red.

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

I'd be interested in some Rochefort 10....if there is some way to do a 'private order' via Esprit/LCBO???

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Rochefort 10 is $142.80 for a case of 24 all in. We sold out before Xmas but have another shipment on the way which should be here in the next month or so and would be available for pick up in Toronto or transfer to an out of town LCBO store.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

esprit wrote:Rochefort 10 is $142.80 for a case of 24 all in. We sold out before Xmas but have another shipment on the way which should be here in the next month or so and would be available for pick up in Toronto or transfer to an out of town LCBO store.
Thanks Peter. It does shed much light.

I'm the guy that bought several cases of Chimay Grand Reserve Magnums, Rochefort 10, Westmalle Dubbel and St. Bernardus 12 from you in the past.

I'll be hitting you up for a private order of Rochefort 10 soon and I'll get some Orval and Chimay Blue from the LCBO when available.

Really good news that Rochefort 8 and Chimay Blue will be general listings. Congratulations and about bloody time.

Cheers,
ST

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

atomeyes wrote:
no one's replied, so i'll save you the many sleepless nights you're likely having.

the assumption: full listings, no Westy 12 scenario. i'd guess February - just like the Westmalle release in 2012.
Thanks. I was going to do the "bump my own thread" thing very soon, but that is such a faux pas I didn't.

What is the Westmalle release in 2012? The Westmalle double is one of my favourites.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

StevenThrasher wrote:
atomeyes wrote:

Thanks. I was going to do the "bump my own thread" thing very soon, but that is such a faux pas I didn't.

What is the Westmalle release in 2012? The Westmalle double is one of my favourites.
OK answer my own question. A quick look at the LCBO site shows that it was the Triple (and there is 1 bottle left in Ontario).

Could do with the Dubbel.

My top 5 beers include:
Orval
Westmalle Dubbel
Rochefort 10
Chimay Blue (Grand Reserve)

Why is this weighted so much to Trappists I don't know.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

StevenThrasher wrote:
StevenThrasher wrote:
atomeyes wrote:

OK answer my own question. A quick look at the LCBO site shows that it was the Triple (and there is 1 bottle left in Ontario).

Could do with the Dubbel.

My top 5 beers include:
Orval
Westmalle Dubbel
Rochefort 10
Chimay Blue (Grand Reserve)

Why is this weighted so much to Trappists I don't know.
i like the Dubbel much more than the Tripel. Tripel isn't that true, dark tripel i'm used to and have come to love. it is pear-like in nose and kind of bitter. the Dubbel, though, is really great.

Orval's being bought and hidden for 2-5 years. won't drink that stuff fresh. it is just ok fresh, but stellar with age.

and please do not ask why there is so much trappist beer coming into the LCBO. may make them think twice and order more of that smoked beer and Celtic giftpack beer shit they bring in every winter. but the answer to your questions about the LCBO is always this: money. profit. sales. data.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

+ 1 on Westmalle Dubbel = one of the best Trappists. At least par with Westvleteren 8, IMLE.

The WM Tripel is THE defining, original Belgian Tripel, but I just don't drink boozy Tripels so often. It is a great one!
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:+ 1 on Westmalle Dubbel = one of the best Trappists. At least par with Westvleteren 8, IMLE.
The Westmalle Dubbel is one of the few non-syrupy sweet Belgian beers that I like. When it's available I usually buy a stash and hide them away from my girlfriend. When I'm in the rare Dubbel mood I don't want to find out the hard way that she drank all of them. :P
lister

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Hey, I sell that crappy Celtic stuff and it is one of the best-selling gift packs each year and, actually, a General Listing which should be available year round if we could get stores to stop de-listing it after Xmas. There will be no Westmalle in the near future but we pitching the Dubbel for Winter 2013.