Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Spring Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Trois Mousquetaires Maibock showing numerous cases all around the city now...

JoeMcPhee

Post by JoeMcPhee »

Ceecee wrote:Bridge Burner discontinued. That was quick.
It's still around at a few spots though. Saw it at Cooper St and St. Lawrence Market stores a few hours ago.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Is it just me, or is this release taking forever to completely hit stores.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

robinvboyer wrote:Is it just me, or is this release taking forever to completely hit stores.
Best bet is to add 30 days to any release date and 60 days if it is something good like 4D....

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

8 Wired HopWired IPA now in stock, as well as DDC Chaman Imperial Pale Ale

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just to be clear.. is the 4d that is coming the bourbon barrel version? And either way, do we know how many bottles are coming to the lcbo? (am I going to have to wait outside in line like the Westy 12 fiasco)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

spinrsx wrote:just to be clear.. is the 4d that is coming the bourbon barrel version?
Based on the image included on the LCBO listing, it looks like it's the regular version, despite the fact that the listing calls it "KUHNHENN 4D AGED - OLDE ALE":

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Looks like the label on the barrel-aged, unless the label has changed on the regular version.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2097/18850

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2097/34313

There looks to be a label with a picture of a barrel and some words on the neck of the barrel-aged version. Maybe the neck label says barrel-aged?
GregClow wrote:
spinrsx wrote:just to be clear.. is the 4d that is coming the bourbon barrel version?
Based on the image included on the LCBO listing, it looks like it's the regular version, despite the fact that the listing calls it "KUHNHENN 4D AGED - OLDE ALE":

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

And the regular version is 11.5%. This one seems to be 13.5%, the same as the barrel version listed on RB.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

Pretty sure the label has changed. Unfortunately, I think the identifying sticker is on the neck of the bottle. But the ABV is curious. Curious, indeed.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I have two pieces of bad news:

1. The regular 2012 4D is 13.5% ABV.

2. The 2012 BB4D is identified on the label with a gold oval on the top left of the main label just above the "4D" where the pictured label says "product of USA"

jprime

Post by jprime »

When I was at the brewery the brewer said they were sending the regular 4d. The BA edition has an oval gold sticker of a barrel and says barrel aged on it.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

What all them said. Still gonna pick up a few of these.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

All things considered, I'm not so disappointed to only be getting the 6th highest rated beer of it's style instead of the 2nd highest. I'm sure it will still be delicious.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

lcbo prices are usually more than fair.. 8$ for a 12oz non barrel aged old ale? Is this pretty much the going rate for this stuff?