Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Spring Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I had the same experience with the 4D. Cashier said "Oh, that price must be wrong." Me: "Unfortunately not." Cashier: "Wow, that's really expensive!"
Ren

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

jrenihan wrote:I had the same experience with the 4D. Cashier said "Oh, that price must be wrong." Me: "Unfortunately not." Cashier: "Wow, that's really expensive!"
Ren
All these cashiers must be new, they dont remember the Ola Dubh series.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Gavin wrote:Ha. The guy who scanned my bottles of 4D was sure the price was a mistake too.
That sounds like an opportunity: "Excuse sir/ma'am, this single beer seems to be scanning at eight bucks a bottle, any chance you can put the domestic single code in?" :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

All the 4D looks to be in Southern Ontario - nothing going up to Ottawa?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

pushkinwow wrote:All the 4D looks to be in Southern Ontario - nothing going up to Ottawa?
I'm guessing it got distributed from a south western warehouse. I'm betting you'll get some, but it might take some extra time.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

pushkinwow wrote:All the 4D looks to be in Southern Ontario - nothing going up to Ottawa?
Same with the Dupont feature. I'm sure some will get here but who knows when.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Let me know when it does, I'm on break from work (and beer...) but got some free time to hoard ;)

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Cale wrote:Pretty sure that picture is a joke and the guy already had BA4D. As much as I'd love that not to be the case..!
Was able to grab this in Mississauga

Soods

Post by Soods »

Hey...I got that too. Also got to try some BB Mayan Stout :D

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Soods wrote:Hey...I got that too. Also got to try some BB Mayan Stout :D
BB Mayan was awesome, I was shocked at how good it was, also it was only 6.7%!

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Ou est La Divine?

heebes

Post by heebes »

holy moly, i think michigan brewers are shipping secret bonus beers in their orders boys!

time to swarm the rest of the current stock of centennial, maybe they snuck a bottle of CBS in one too, ya never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ukie wrote:
jrenihan wrote:I had the same experience with the 4D. Cashier said "Oh, that price must be wrong." Me: "Unfortunately not." Cashier: "Wow, that's really expensive!"
Ren
All these cashiers must be new, they dont remember the Ola Dubh series.
Notwithstanding the very high ABV... oh never mind that either, how many barley wines and old ales do they run across?
In Beerum Veritas

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

La Divine is now listed. Not showing stock yet.

...and the same for the Elysian Immortal IPA.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Ceecee wrote:La Divine is now listed. Not showing stock yet.

...and the same for the Elysian Immortal IPA.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... anguage=EN

Be interesting to see the BB date on this one, Toronto BTers lmk, last of this release I want other than:

Ommegang Iron Throne Blonde Ale #336032