Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Brasserie Dupont Brewery Feature - March 2013

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

My bottle of Saison, picked off the shelf at Summerhill, was absolutely fine. More hop character than I remember, but I've been drinking aged stuff for a long time. Ignore my previous comments; I would recommend aging this. Drink it like Orval: have it fresh, then try it again at 1, 3, 5 years to see how you like it. It does age well; same-same, but very different. :wink:
Here's to the slow path.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Mine was so skunked that my wife literally walked in the room, proceeded to close the living room window and said "it smells like there's a skunk outside"... I had to break the news that it was actually my beer!

austin

Post by austin »

The good news is there's more Saison on order.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

where is it?????

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Andrenaline wrote:Mine was so skunked that my wife literally walked in the room, proceeded to close the living room window and said "it smells like there's a skunk outside"... I had to break the news that it was actually my beer!

On the French side of All Season wind sheild washer fluid, it says..."Toutes Saison". My wife thinks that hilarious, because she thinks saisons sometimes smell like "toots".

I can't serve her a glass of the stuff without her referencing "toots" and giggling. :)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Any idea when another shipment of the saison might hit the shelves R&R? Starting to go into withdrawal down here in Ottawa.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

[quote="Bytowner"][/quote]
** edit ** no that was tacky of mischievous Belgian, apologies R&R. Gag is over.
Last edited by Belgian on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I had the noose around my neck Belgian.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

We are hoping the latest shipment reaches our shores the first week in July and that stores see new stock by mid July.
Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

is DUPONT CERVESIA a regular list now? I notice the other dupont beers (other than the saison) are discontinued but not this one

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

spinrsx wrote:is DUPONT CERVESIA a regular list now? I notice the other dupont beers (other than the saison) are discontinued but not this one
I don't think so.

I'd speculate that perhaps the others have run out at the warehouse, and are therefore "discontinued", while Cervesia is still available for stores to order.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Just a quick heads up - a large shipment of Saison Dupont has arrived to the warehouse and we should start seeing fresh bottles in stores soon.

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Roland + Russell wrote:Just a quick heads up - a large shipment of Saison Dupont has arrived to the warehouse and we should start seeing fresh bottles in stores soon.

Cheers,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

noticed that the saison is back in stock now

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

If you're interested in it, I'd suggest finding your Saison Dupont somewhere dark -- picked up a light-struck bottle just the other day.