Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Brasserie Dupont Brewery Feature - March 2013

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

skaghevn wrote:If you're interested in it, I'd suggest finding your Saison Dupont somewhere dark -- picked up a light-struck bottle just the other day.
Not to say your case is wrong. Are you (or othes on the BT) certain this is from skunking? People have claimed to have 'light struck' Dupont from smaller 375 ml bottles that were fresh. The problem is they are in brown glass that blocks UV rays. In those cases the subjective impression is from the beer's funky character, not the hop oils breaking down into sulfur compounds (skunk.)

I am considering putting out a Saison Dupont in the light for a while to see if it changes. And to echo others I've bought 'old' store shelf Dupont 750's from Buffalo that were wonderful and tasty. Not a whiff of Heineken in sight (or smell)...
In Beerum Veritas

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Belgian wrote:
skaghevn wrote:If you're interested in it, I'd suggest finding your Saison Dupont somewhere dark -- picked up a light-struck bottle just the other day.
Not to say your case is wrong. Are you (or othes on the BT) certain this is from skunking?
I've quite enjoyed Saison Dupont in the past & pretty much devoted this summer's beer drinking to saisons, and so feel comfortable in saying that it's the beer, not me.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

skaghevn wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Not to say your case is wrong. Are you (or othes on the BT) certain this is from skunking?
I've quite enjoyed Saison Dupont in the past & pretty much devoted this summer's beer drinking to saisons, and so feel comfortable in saying that it's the beer, not me.
Buying them right from a sealed case is the surest way then. The window displays... worst.
In Beerum Veritas