Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Brasserie Dupont Brewery Feature - March 2013

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

file under "huh??"

for some reason, 10 bombers are listed at the Pickering LCBO. nowhere else.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

atomeyes wrote:file under "huh??"

for some reason, 10 bombers are listed at the Pickering LCBO. nowhere else.
There was also a case at summerhill this weekend, but who knows how fast those went. Apparently it's rolling out this week.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yeah, I don't know if that case at Summerhill even got unpacked and shelved. I'm the guy who opened it, but I only took one.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

More saison stock showing today. 288 bottles at queens quay...

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

The Saison is at the King & Spadina store today, though not listed on the website.
Ren

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Saison Dupont is one of those that greatly simplifies both shopping for beer and deciding what to drink. I could pass on a lot of brews for this one classic, fits-all-occasion dry and full-tasting Belgo ale.
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

picked up a couple of Saison at Front and Sherbourne yesterday

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

Yeah, I got me one at Maple Leaf Gardens yesterday, think there were 5-6 more on the shelf (as of ~4:30 PM)

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Ukie wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:As of this morning stock of all the Brasserie Dupont brewery feature beers is showing as available at Cooper Street....pick some up for the weekend! Hopefully, other stores will soon release too.

Cheers,
Havent seen a store list.

Any chance of these being available in the Burlington-Hamilton area?
Dundurn & Charleton store in Hamilton is starting to show some stock.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Roland + Russell wrote:
Ukie wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:As of this morning stock of all the Brasserie Dupont brewery feature beers is showing as available at Cooper Street....pick some up for the weekend! Hopefully, other stores will soon release too.

Cheers,
Havent seen a store list.

Any chance of these being available in the Burlington-Hamilton area?
Dundurn & Charleton store in Hamilton is starting to show some stock.
Great, thanks for the news.

Also the Saison is at Ancaster and Upper James stores.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Picked up a fresh, sealed case of the Saison Dupont at Cooper Street - these are moving pretty fast from the LC with the local bars stocking up to re-sell the famous (and long-absent) farmhouse ale from Belgium.

Of course it's not necessary for us to stock up on a General List item except that 1- it's convenient, and 2- I like to make sure the green-glass 750ml bottles are kept away from UV light and protected from large swings in temperature.
In Beerum Veritas

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Saison is (obviously) a must, but of all the beers in the release, the one I'd never tried, the Cervesia, is my favourite. Brilliant creation. I really hope this isn't the last feature we see from them and Good God do I hope the general list for the saison is for real.
Last edited by Bytowner on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ trust bytowner. The Cervesia is magic stuff, a little bit Saison Dupont-y but really like nothing I've had before. The fruity mellowness is super nice.
In Beerum Veritas

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I was thinking of buying a half case of the Saison but the Cervesia is just so good I think I'm gonna pick up a half case of it instead. Highly recommended!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:I was thinking of buying a half case of the Saison but the Cervesia is just so good I think I'm gonna pick up a half case of it instead. Highly recommended!
How many are in a case? Based on previous experience my LCBO will only order me a full case from other locations but since these Brasserie Dupont beers are all sold in singles, some of them 750ml, I'm not sure what that means.

I'm thinking I'll have to drive to Guelph or Brampton to get these. Every time I look at the distribution I notice a ridiculous number of Dupont Cervesia at one store in Barrie. There are now only 159 left but it seemed to be in the 160s for nearly two weeks thus indicating limited demand. The same place has more Biere de Miel Bio and Moinette Bruin than any other store in Ontario.