Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

new IPAs at LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I'm actually digging the Lattitude. Great balance.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

Bytowner wrote:I'm actually digging the Lattitude. Great balance.
I second the balance comment but do enjoy the founders more within the recent lot of IPA's

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Just trying the Hop Circle now and, unlike most of you (it seems), I prefer it to the American ones. It certainly has more of a rough edge, or a resiny weedy character, as has been pointed out above. To my palate that is all to the good.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

midlife crisis wrote:Just trying the Hop Circle now and, unlike most of you (it seems), I prefer it to the American ones. It certainly has more of a rough edge, or a resiny weedy character, as has been pointed out above. To my palate that is all to the good.
I'm with you. I like the Hop Circle a lot. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Founders. I'd take the Hop Circle, Green Flash and Red Racer above the Founders.

I was a bit disappointed with the Curmudgeon this year too. It has long been a favourite of mine and, while it's still good, I wasn't as impressed with the recent batch.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

NAC on Facebook says: Elysian Immortal IPA is being shipped out to Lcbo's this week.

although this isn't the first time they've said this..

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Bytowner wrote:I'm actually digging the Lattitude. Great balance.
Interesting. I really didn't like this one at all... took me ages to get through the 6er.

I didn't get the "american"-ness of it at all... it was lacking everything I love about C hops IMO. It seemed more English to my tastes, and nowhere near balanced... bitter as fuck.

I wonder if my 6er was mangled... because I had a totally different experience.

EDIT: It actually reminded me of a less hoppy version of the shitty shipment of Green Flash West Coast IPA.. total mess.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I liked the Lattitude 48, very quaffable IMO. Not over the top in any direction, perhaps more APA than IPA, but I'm not going to quibble. Won't likely repurchase as my standard homebrew Pale Ale is pretty much in this vein
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

still no sign of this?
spinrsx wrote:NAC on Facebook says: Elysian Immortal IPA is being shipped out to Lcbo's this week.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

spinrsx wrote:still no sign of this?
spinrsx wrote:NAC on Facebook says: Elysian Immortal IPA is being shipped out to Lcbo's this week.

They must have this confused with another entity called the "LCBO" and not the one that we all know :) :wink:

nickw

Post by nickw »

Picked up a six-pack of the Elysian at College and Bathurst, of all places, yesterday afternoon.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

nickw wrote:Picked up a six-pack of the Elysian at College and Bathurst, of all places, yesterday afternoon.
Did it have any freshness info?

nickw

Post by nickw »

I don't see any dates, unfortunately...

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Picked up a six of Immortal in the east end this morning. No date on it. It's full of crap in suspension. What a disappointment.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Thanks nickw and TwoPint, sounds like a pass then

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Ukie wrote:Thanks nickw and TwoPint, sounds like a pass then
Thanks as well. Ill be breaking into a six pack for this one. Just to try it.