Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Maverick and Gose at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

heebes

Post by heebes »

cant remember which Beau's Gose i had but it was a drianpour :oops:

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

midlife crisis wrote:Interesting. I had it on tap. Was ok I thought (having never had a Gose before) but not terribly impressive. Thought perhaps Gose wasn't my thing. I will have to try a Maverick I guess to give "the style" a second chance.
i've tried a few Gose beer:

M&Gose
Boom gose the dynamite
1 in Brooklyn
my first and only attempt at homebrewing a gose

Boom was by far the worst. tasted off. the rest were really nice.
Belgian wrote:^ No, Beau's was very much like a regular belgian or dutch Wit with salt thrown into it. It has no relationship to the Gose style that I can connect as a SOUR wheat ale.
yep. salty bogwater. blech.

other gose i've had are tart or sour, depending on their use of lactobacillus or not. the problem with lacto is that it can make a beer sour but thins it out and lowers the ABV. that's one of the reasons i don't tend to love berlinerweisens

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Anyone have the product number for this yet?

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

This ever show up?

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

If you guys are interested, I posted my review of M&G today on my blog:
http://www.torontobeerblog.com/beer-rev ... s-brewery/

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Where is this beer? Not even showing on the LCBO site. Thought this was coming out last month?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

It's still in the fridge at the Leaside Brewery but only about 20 or so bottles left. They sent a bunch to the new brewpub on Queen's Quay so it will be available there come mid june-ish. Beyond that you'll probably have to call around to the bigger LCBOs to figure out where it is, if it actually made it to the LCBO.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Just trying this from the bottles newly on shelf at LCBO. Excellent! Much better than other efforts from Ontario brewers. It has all the right notes: wheat, a little lactic, a little Brett, a little lemon/spice.

My only cavil is, too much salt. I'd cut it back although the overall taste of the beer is delicious.

Gary
Gary Gillman