Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Single Bottle Codes

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

never said I refused to buy a 6-pack, or that it was unacceptable for this not be sold as a single.. I just wanted to know if there was a single code. That's what this thread is for.

on a side note, I want to try *every* beer the lcbo has to offer. If I bought 6-packs of each one I'd either be 300 pounds, an alcoholic, or wasting the beer because it would go bad before I had the chance to drink it.
SteelbackGuy wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
spinrsx wrote:is there a single code for Collective Arts Rhyme And Reason?
just buy the 6, it's awesome!

Exactly.

Sheesh, I haven't been here for months and you guys are still going on about your singles. Single single single......buy the damn 6 pack. If you're pretty sure you won't like a beer anyway, why even bother buying a single?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Is there a single code for the Siamese Twin Ale?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

icemachine wrote:Is there a single code for the Siamese Twin Ale?
Shouldn't they come in pairs? :lol:
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

lister wrote:
icemachine wrote:Is there a single code for the Siamese Twin Ale?
Shouldn't they come in pairs? :lol:
:) If they did I probably would grab it, but it's a 4 pack of tallboys, and while I would like to try it, I'm not convinced I'd want all 4 from the RB reviews
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

icemachine wrote: :) If they did I probably would grab it, but it's a 4 pack of tallboys, and while I would like to try it, I'm not convinced I'd want all 4 from the RB reviews
I'm in the same boat. If only we lived near each other we could split a 4 pack.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

the beer has a bunch of info about 'how the flavour will change with some age'. So have 1 and put the rest in the cellar.

It's pretty decent - I bought a 4 pack and haven't regretted it. Reminds me a bit of the founders dirty bastard for some reason

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Is there anywhere online to find the SINGLE BOTTLE CODES?

Currently -- with a nearly full fridge -- I'm curious for the codes these 6 packs?

376459 / Anchor Porter / 6 x 355 / 13.70

907444 / Smuttynose Robust Porter / 355 / 2.35

381152 / Arcadia London Porter / 6 x 355 / 14.75

381145 / New Holland The Poet Oatmeal Stout / 6 x 355 / 13.95
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Jonah Hex wrote:Is there anywhere online to find the SINGLE BOTTLE CODES?

Currently -- with a nearly full fridge -- I'm curious for the codes these 6 packs?

376459 / Anchor Porter / 6 x 355 / 13.70

907444 / Smuttynose Robust Porter / 355 / 2.35

381152 / Arcadia London Porter / 6 x 355 / 14.75

381145 / New Holland The Poet Oatmeal Stout / 6 x 355 / 13.95
I've had a reallly interesting experience lately at my home LCBO...they've been ringing up these as "domestic beer" singles at $1.90 each when I buy less than the sixpack. This has happened 3 times with all 3 of these beers plus the Hitachino stout.

The smuttynose and the hitachino were my favorites of this release

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I haven't had any luck buying a single of the Lagunitas Sucks. Anyone know a code?

distr0

Post by distr0 »

beerstodiscover wrote:I haven't had any luck buying a single of the Lagunitas Sucks. Anyone know a code?
there was a sign at the lcbo I went to that they are unable to sell a single of sucks or the smuttynose porter

portwood

Post by portwood »

simple solution:
Buy the 6-pack.
Return the other 5 to the store for refund. Reason: "did not like it" ... "in fact, it sucks" (couldn't resist that one, LOL)
Depending on the location/manager you may have to do a bit talking (reasons you didn't like it, etc) but they will not refuse the refund.

I have never been refused a return - at any store - for any reason!

http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/cor ... tions.html
"Customers may return any product (except gift cards) that is in saleable condition..." the 5 sealed bottles ARE in saleable condition! they sell plenty of other of beer in single bottle format! In fact, just about every store I've ever been in has end cap baskets full of singles from multi-packs
@markhamwhisky