Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby spinrsx » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

not sure if this is old news, just saw a bunch of founders centennial at the ottawa lcbo that has a bottle date of April 16th printed on the neck
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 am

sweeeeeeet.

What location?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed May 01, 2013 10:26 am

rideau/king edward - they had a bunch
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Wed May 01, 2013 10:45 am

stopping there after work! yippee!
Stroonze
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Aurora

Postby Stroonze » Wed May 01, 2013 11:59 am

Some of the fresh stuff in Aurora aswell
User avatar
Zuma
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby Zuma » Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

spinrsx wrote:not sure if this is old news, just saw a bunch of founders centennial at the ottawa lcbo that has a bottle date of April 16th printed on the neck


You always seem to be reporting stock from stores all over the city at 9 or 10 am. You know it is not a good sign if you are at a random LCBO stores when they open. :lol:
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby spinrsx » Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

haha, when that drinkvine notification email comes rolling in, I feel the need to pounce :)

Zuma wrote:
spinrsx wrote:not sure if this is old news, just saw a bunch of founders centennial at the ottawa lcbo that has a bottle date of April 16th printed on the neck


You always seem to be reporting stock from stores all over the city at 9 or 10 am. You know it is not a good sign if you are at a random LCBO stores when they open. :lol:
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9946
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby Belgian » Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Zuma wrote:[You know it is not a good sign if you are at a random LCBO stores when they open. :lol:

It's worse showing up right when they close. Hey... why DO all LCBO stores close?? A few 24/7 stores would be *ahem* convenient.

Also would appreciate any other 'fresh stock IPA' sightings you guys, please and thank you! It isn't right to let good fresh IPA arrive without cramming a few more sixes in the fridge.

** edit ** Green Flash and others too!
Last edited by Belgian on Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Thu May 02, 2013 6:47 am

Belgian wrote:Also would appreciate any other 'fresh stock IPA' sightings you guys, please and thank you! It isn't right to let good fresh IPA arrive without cramming a few more sixes in the fridge.


On that note, I noticed last week that Boneshaker 6-packs are now dated on the box. Mine read D-1813, which I took to mean bottled on April 18... It was super fresh!
untappd/tweetbox/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
Grey
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby Grey » Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 am

Belgian wrote:Also would appreciate any other 'fresh stock IPA' sightings you guys, please and thank you! It isn't right to let good fresh IPA arrive without cramming a few more sixes in the fridge.

Was at King & Spadina yesterday evening, picked up a six of Founders Centennial bottled on Apr. 15 2013.

edit: last night I had my last beer from the initial roll out and of course it was good... However, I just opened one from last night's pack... I dunno if it's the power of suggestion but it really does taste even better... wow :D <conspiracy>Once I learned about the 'bottled on' date on the necks I was checking the previous bottles I bought, never did find a date... did they get removed by the LCBO cuz they were that old after working their way through the initial testing/warehouse labyrinth?</conspiracy>
User avatar
dale cannon
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

Postby dale cannon » Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Grey wrote:<conspiracy>Once I learned about the 'bottled on' date on the necks I was checking the previous bottles I bought, never did find a date... did they get removed by the LCBO cuz they were that old after working their way through the initial testing/warehouse labyrinth?</conspiracy>


I bet you any money that's exactly what they did.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Back when the first batch was released I came across Centennial in 3 different LCBO's and couldn't find a bottle date on the neck of a single bottle (and I went through multiple 4 packs in each store). Maybe there is something to this.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2260
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Fri May 03, 2013 12:16 pm

I had bought several cases of the first batch of the founders that came in, just took a large chunk of it back to the lcbo and exchanged it for the fresh dated bottles. Not receipt, and no issues at all.
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby Ukie » Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Back when the first batch was released I came across Centennial in 3 different LCBO's and couldn't find a bottle date on the neck of a single bottle (and I went through multiple 4 packs in each store). Maybe there is something to this.


The date appeared on the cardboard 24 case not on individual 6 pks or the neck.
Baulz
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Pederburra

Postby Baulz » Fri May 03, 2013 2:54 pm

spinrsx wrote:I had bought several cases of the first batch of the founders that came in, just took a large chunk of it back to the lcbo and exchanged it for the fresh dated bottles. Not receipt, and no issues at all.


I don't think that's a fair thing to do.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron