Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Kish84 wrote:
JProulx wrote:Fresh Founders Centennial found at the Jane/Dundas LCBO today. Bottles have a best before date of 12/06/14 on them.
Does Founders use a European dating system, or are they saying Centennial lasts ~10 months?
10 month shelf life is not uncommon for cans. The big breweries in Canada would often produce cans during the winter slower periods and inventory them for sale in the summer.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Rob Creighton wrote:
Kish84 wrote:
JProulx wrote:Fresh Founders Centennial found at the Jane/Dundas LCBO today. Bottles have a best before date of 12/06/14 on them.
Does Founders use a European dating system, or are they saying Centennial lasts ~10 months?
10 month shelf life is not uncommon for cans. The big breweries in Canada would often produce cans during the winter slower periods and inventory them for sale in the summer.
But we get Centennial in bottles. I know it's available in cans, do we get the cans now?

Also, come to the the Bent Elbow on a Friday or Saturday and let me know, I'll join in.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

I just noticed that somebody earlier in the forum bought bottles in October, bearing the same date (12/06/14).

Regardless, I had a bottle today. It was great. Aroma was vivid and the flavour was as expected.

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

I have been trying to get some for ages, can't find any anywhere! Has the lcbo stopped ordering?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Hope not. I just ran out. Need a refill.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

if only we could get fresh green flash and fresh centennial regularly.. I'd be all set

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JProulx wrote:I just noticed that somebody earlier in the forum bought bottles in October, bearing the same date (12/06/14).

Regardless, I had a bottle today. It was great. Aroma was vivid and the flavour was as expected.
+1. Founders Centennial really keeps its bite, actually even the Pale now grows on me with its own vibrant hop flavors. What a fekkin brewery, love 'em.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder how long it will be until we see green flash with these labels at the lcbo. They will be launched in April in the states... soooo december in ontario? :roll:

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/check- ... ew-labels/

also looks like they have changed the west coast IPA recipe a bit

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

spinrsx wrote:wonder how long it will be until we see green flash with these labels at the lcbo. They will be launched in April in the states... soooo december in ontario? :roll:
ya, December, but the beer will have been from the April launch. :lol:
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

ABV on the IPA is going up to 8.1%. I love the beer, but I'd rather it was going lighter than heavier. It was already pretty big at 7.3.

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

I am noticing that the LCBO doesn't seem to be restocking this at all? Is this product being discontinued?

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

cattersley wrote:I am noticing that the LCBO doesn't seem to be restocking this at all? Is this product being discontinued?
wonder if they're planning to start stocking it in cans instead? though they're 12oz (rather than the LCBO's bias toward half litre), and currently only sold in 12-packs (as opposed to the LCBO's bias toward single-serving). or maybe they're doing 6packs just for the LCBO...

I did think it was pretty cool that founders decided to pass on savings to their customers by bumping the All Day IPA cans from a 12pack to 15pack without changing the cost. Said they could do that due to savings along the way with cans.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

cattersley wrote:I am noticing that the LCBO doesn't seem to be restocking this at all? Is this product being discontinued?
I called the Hello LCBO line last week and she said it is in the warehouse but being tested in the lab and if all goes well should be out on the floors this week. Not sure if still bottles or cans or if it is the new ABV or the old one. I love this beer and can't wait for it's return but at least we now have Red Racer to enjoy again and in a bigger can to boot :P

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

are you talking about green flash or centennial? I know green flash has a new ABV, didn't know centennial did too..
vandutchy wrote:
I called the Hello LCBO line last week and she said it is in the warehouse but being tested in the lab and if all goes well should be out on the floors this week. Not sure if still bottles or cans or if it is the new ABV or the old one. I love this beer and can't wait for it's return but at least we now have Red Racer to enjoy again and in a bigger can to boot :P

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

spinrsx wrote:are you talking about green flash or centennial? I know green flash has a new ABV, didn't know centennial did too..
vandutchy wrote:
Spinrsx you are correct I had Greenflash on the brain when I typed that!