Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Does anyone know what's going on with inventory? Hello LCBO told me months ago it was in lab testing but there is no way it's taking them that long. Then again the same person also told me no more Red Racer regardless of can size. I miss Founders Please get it on the shelf soon as my DFH 60min and Firestone Union Jack supply is almost out :cry:

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

vandutchy wrote:Does anyone know what's going on with inventory? Hello LCBO told me months ago it was in lab testing but there is no way it's taking them that long. Then again the same person also told me no more Red Racer regardless of can size. I miss Founders Please get it on the shelf soon as my DFH 60min and Firestone Union Jack supply is almost out :cry:
I talked to hello LCBO about a month ago and they told me to expect more on the shelf late May early June.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

Spoke to the lcbo yesterday and this was to have arrived in warehouse on May 26th but never showed so they think it wil be about 4-6 more weeks before it is on the floor :(

Thank god GLB Thrust IPA was released today and I loaded up on it.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

vandutchy wrote:Spoke to the lcbo yesterday and this was to have arrived in warehouse on May 26th but never showed so they think it wil be about 4-6 more weeks before it is on the floor :(

Dammit!

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

vandutchy wrote:Spoke to the lcbo yesterday and this was to have arrived in warehouse on May 26th but never showed so they think it wil be about 4-6 more weeks before it is on the floor :(

I noticed on the LCBO site today there are showing some inventory at Summerhill. Not sure if this is the beginning of the roll out but let's hope it is and that it is all fresh bottles. If anyone can confirm please let us all in on it! Thanks

JK

Post by JK »

vandutchy wrote:

I noticed on the LCBO site today there are showing some inventory at Summerhill. Not sure if this is the beginning of the roll out but let's hope it is and that it is all fresh bottles. If anyone can confirm please let us all in on it! Thanks
Picked up 4 sixers in Kingston today, best before march 22 2015.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

yesssssssssssssssssssssss

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

JK wrote:
Picked up 4 sixers in Kingston today, best before march 22 2015.
how far out do they date again?? 10 months?

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

Picked up 6 yesterday, at Leaside: same BB date as in above post

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Found some at an LCBO in Windsor today with the same 22/03/2015 date. Beer Associate told me she just got it in last week and was told by the agent that Founders is pulling out of Ontario once this stock is done. The agent told her it was because Founders needs the product for demands at home, however her feeling was that LCBO warehouse issues is also to blame.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Found some at an LCBO in Windsor today with the same 22/03/2015 date. Beer Associate told me she just got it in last week and was told by the agent that Founders is pulling out of Ontario once this stock is done. The agent told her it was because Founders needs the product for demands at home, however her feeling was that LCBO warehouse issues are also to blame.
Good going a**holes. We just lost one of the best breweries we've had here, and now other USA breweries will read about it, and go... oh what did Larry Bell say? That he'd never do business here?

"I'm looking in my Crystal Ball, Ontario and I'm just not seeing our beer in your future."
- Actual Larry Bell quote. If I wrote one for this picture.
In Beerum Veritas

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Question: Why would anybody question the logic of aggressive Michigan breweries from avoiding a market with 7 million purchasers right next door? A bit obvious isn't it? Just look who runs our province. Many of the fence riders post here and run some of our bigger craft breweries.

Thank godness I'm not opinionated...at all

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so we've had dogfish head 60min, victory prima pils, green flash ipa, and now founders ipa all leave the lcbo. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I will stock up while I can (as I've become accustomed to doing)

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

Absolutely devastating! :(

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've emailed Founders for a comment. Will report back anything I hear.