Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fresh Founders Centennial at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

heebes wrote:2 months old...and that's the new batch. Just suffered through the last bottling which tasted malty with no hops...dare I try a best before 11 11 13 Founders Centennial from the same warm shelf? Apparantly the best before bottling is 10 months from the date, so last founders batch was February? Yikes
I picked up some Founders Centennial today that is stamped 'Best By 12/06/2014'.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

awesome, thanks for the heads up

heebes

Post by heebes »

So that means bottled in august. 2 months on it, same as the Green Flash.

Thanks for the heads up. I went and bought a sixer of the Nov expiry since ill have to make a drive to Toronto to get the fresh batch. Its noticebly dated but not a drainpour yet. Glad to hear a new batch is in, figured there wouldn't be a fresh batch till the Founders feature in two months.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

dale cannon wrote:
heebes wrote:2 months old...and that's the new batch. Just suffered through the last bottling which tasted malty with no hops...dare I try a best before 11 11 13 Founders Centennial from the same warm shelf? Apparantly the best before bottling is 10 months from the date, so last founders batch was February? Yikes
I picked up some Founders Centennial today that is stamped 'Best By 12/06/2014'.
Which location did you get the fresh stuff at as I was at the Cooper St and Front Street locations in Toronto on the weekend and they still had some of the older shipments left on the shelves. I would love to get the fresh stuff! Thanks

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

vandutchy wrote:
dale cannon wrote:
Which location did you get the fresh stuff at as I was at the Cooper St and Front Street locations in Toronto on the weekend and they still had some of the older shipments left on the shelves. I would love to get the fresh stuff! Thanks
Orion Gate in Brampton.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Number8

Post by Number8 »

spinrsx wrote:this site might help:

http://freshbeeronly.com/
Really good site and I bookmarked it. Thanks.

Only thing is that there is no listing of Nickel Brook on the list. I was wondering what is the order of their brew date if anyone knows. Would it happen to be MM/DD/YYYY?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

yep, you have the correct format for Nickelbrook - I have some Naughty N in the fridge marked 09/14/13
Number8 wrote:
spinrsx wrote:this site might help:

http://freshbeeronly.com/
Really good site and I bookmarked it. Thanks.

Only thing is that there is no listing of Nickel Brook on the list. I was wondering what is the order of their brew date if anyone knows. Would it happen to be MM/DD/YYYY?

Number8

Post by Number8 »

Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

apparently these are now available in the states.. be nice if the lcbo started carrying this format as well

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

spinrsx wrote:apparently these are now available in the states.. be nice if the lcbo started carrying this format as well
Actually checked stock on this last night... All of it is in Ottawa area.

Did you get it late or not popular there? In either case, buy it up folks... Hopefully more comes and it doesn't get 'discontinued'.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

I haven't seen it much recently, but I only go to one of the stores it's at right now and they didn't have it last time I was in. There hasn't been a fresh batch in a while here, either, I believe. I'm doing my part, checked in 35 times thanks to Untappd (my most consumed beer) and those were all LCBO bought! :D

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I would demolish those cans during camping season.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Any Fresh Green Flash/Founders Centennial around? (fresh by lcbo standards)

I saw some Green Flash bottled in September and some Centennial best before June 2014... anything fresher out there?

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Fresh Founders Centennial found at the Jane/Dundas LCBO today. Bottles have a best before date of 12/06/14 on them.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

JProulx wrote:Fresh Founders Centennial found at the Jane/Dundas LCBO today. Bottles have a best before date of 12/06/14 on them.
Does Founders use a European dating system, or are they saying Centennial lasts ~10 months?
"There's always money in the banana stand."