Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Fall Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Ukie wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
MaltyTasker wrote:Does anybody have any insight on when Deschutes or the Founders selection might hit shelves?
Deschutes will be any day
You must have better insider info than me, was told last Sat. that it wasnt even in the warehouse yet so was more like weeks than days.
I was just going off release date scheduals. If it's not in the warehouse it will still be weeks. Maybe they will all land on the same day.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

matt7215 wrote:
Ukie wrote:
matt7215 wrote: Deschutes will be any day
You must have better insider info than me, was told last Sat. that it wasnt even in the warehouse yet so was more like weeks than days.
I was just going off release date scheduals. If it's not in the warehouse it will still be weeks. Maybe they will all land on the same day.
This promo evidently runs till Dec 8th so ...not good.

Looks like some of the reviews on BA have a BB of Feb 2014 so not bad.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I'm sure a porter will be fine. Not like we're getting some old IPA

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

How is this information procured, may I ask? Do you guys work there/have connections there/call them frequently? What's the inside scoop on the inside scoop!

Regardless, thank you all so much!

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Don't ask too many questions. *eyes around suspicously*

Track record speaks for itself ;)

TCB

Post by TCB »

Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout is live in the LCBO ordering system this morning. Should hit some shelves by the weekend with any luck.
Also, Deschutes Black Butte Porter should be live near the end of the week or early next.

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

La Vache Folle is now listed as well.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=334474

nickw

Post by nickw »

La Vache Folle, LTM Baltic Porter and the Xbeeriment were on the shelf at King/Spadina at lunch today. The Xbeeriment label says 10.4% but the LCBO slap on is only 8.4% biggest discrepancy I've ever seen.

nickw

Post by nickw »

The Lost Coast and Sawdust City Long Dark Voyage... are on the shelf at King and Spadina. Looks like it's just the Deshutes that is still missing from this release.

(The $4.80 for 650ml of the Lost Coast 8 Ball seems like one of the best deals at the 'BO lately.)

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

nickw wrote:La Vache Folle, LTM Baltic Porter and the Xbeeriment were on the shelf at King/Spadina at lunch today. The Xbeeriment label says 10.4% but the LCBO slap on is only 8.4% biggest discrepancy I've ever seen.
What is the deal with these discrepancies anyhow? LCBO testing facility or something?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The alcohol discrepancies are just that...the brewery labels an alcohol content and the LCBO tests (using gas chromatographs which no brewery probably has) and find's there is a discrepancy. A variance up to +/-0.5% is allowed. Anything over that must be re-labelled at a cost to the supplier/agent of $7.50 per case of 24 plus labels. I've run into this a number of times with smaller breweries and most countries don't test so they don't care.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

low listed:

DESCHUTES BLACK BUTTE
USA | Deschutes Brewery
LCBO 334862 | 650 mL | $ 5.20

Eli

Post by Eli »

Saw the deschutes today at King and Spadina. I think the only unlisted/unreleased brew from the list at this point is the Samuel Smith.

TCB

Post by TCB »

Eli wrote:Saw the deschutes today at King and Spadina.
Whatever amount they brought in was sold through yesterday except 1 bottle.
This is it for Deschutes products in the LCBO until 2015 at the earliest unless something unforseen happens. They do not have the capacity to commit to anything in 2014 for Ontario.
Enjoy it while you can!