Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Fall Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO 2013 Fall Craft Beer Release

Post by GregClow »

The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO 2013 Fall Craft Beer Release:

343772 / Sawdust City Long Dark Voyage to Uranus Stout / 650 / $7.95 / SAWDUST CITY BREWING / CANADA - ONTARIO
244376 / Les Trois Mousquetaires Porter Baltique / 750 / $9.25 / LES TROIS MOUSQUETAIRES / CANADA - QUEBEC
334474 / La Vache Folle Imperial Milk Stout / 500 / $5.65 / MICROBRASSERIE CHARLEVOIX / CANADA - QUEBEC
330381 / Amager Rye Porter / 500 / $6.25 / AMAGER BRYGHUS / DENMARK
331421 / Midtfyns X-Porter / 500 / $5.95 / MIDTFYNS BRYGHUS A/S / DENMARK
331439 / Xbeeriment Black Force 1 Imperial Stout / 500 / $5.25 / XBEERIMENT I/S / DENMARK
328039 / 8 Wired iStout / 500 / $7.20 / 8 WIRED BREWING LIMITED / NEW ZEALAND
237875 / Box Steam Funnel Blower Porter / 500 / $3.95 / BOX STEAM BREWERY LTD / UNITED KINGDOM
333898 / Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout / 550 / $4.95 / SAMUEL SMITH OLD BREWERY / UNITED KINGDOM
334862 / Deschutes Black Butte Porter / 650 / $5.30 / DESCHUTES BREWERY / USA
336487 / Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout / 650 / $4.80 / LOST COAST BREWERY / USA

Planned release date for the beers is week of September 16th, although as always, some beers may arrive earlier or later.
Last edited by GregClow on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

May be a bit style-limited, but holy shit this release is amazing.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cale wrote:May be a bit style-limited
Yeah, it kinda harkens back to when they used to a dedicated stouts & porters release in January.
Cale wrote:but holy shit this release is amazing.
Yup, indeed.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Nice.

I'll buy the hell out of Vache Folle Mlk Stout even though I can get it whenever just across the river.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Loving this release.

Pretty happy to see some good Danish representation, and that Deschutes is making its debut (correct me if I'm wrong?) in Ontario.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

GregClow wrote: 334862 / Deschutes Black Butte Porter / 650 / $5.30 / DESCHUTES BREWERY / USA
336487 / Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout / 650 / $4.80 / LOST COAST BREWERY / USA
Didn't see these coming. Wow, especially to the Black Butte.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Deschutes in Ontario! Awesome!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

GregClow wrote:The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO 2013 Fall Craft Beer Release:

343772 / Sawdust City Long Dark Voyage to Uranus Stout / 650 / $7.95 / SAWDUST CITY BREWING / CANADA - ONTARIO
I love this label Well done Sam on an awesome stout!!

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Black Butte?

And Founders' Breakfast Stout coming later?

Dang.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

OK, now this release I like!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Between this, the QC feature, and the Halloween release, we'll have very little to complain about. I'll be buying most of these, and I still can't believe Deschutes is coming. Great price on the 8 Ball too.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

cratez wrote:Between this, the Quebec feature, and the Halloween release, we'll have very little to complain about. I'll be buying most of these, and I still can't believe Deschutes is coming to Ontario. Also, great price on the 8 Ball.
eh?

pumpkin beer's not for everyone and 15 SKUs of pumpkin beer's just stupid.

no belgian strongs, no blondes, no dubels, tripels, sours.

lots to complain about. now, some nice bones are being tossed (Rochforte 8, Deschutes) but i fucking hate being told what i need to drink in the fall. Michigan's a 5 hr drive away and it blows my mind that we can't drink most of their deliciousness.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

atomeyes wrote: eh?

pumpkin beer's not for everyone and 15 SKUs of pumpkin beer's just stupid.

no belgian strongs, no blondes, no dubels, tripels, sours.

lots to complain about. now, some nice bones are being tossed (Rochforte 8, Deschutes) but i fucking hate being told what i need to drink in the fall. Michigan's a 5 hr drive away and it blows my mind that we can't drink most of their deliciousness.
To each their own. I enjoy most of the pumpkin beers that are coming and I'm not a fan of the styles you listed, except for sours.

I wouldn't know anything about the great selection in the U.S. as I've only done beer trips in six different states within the last year, with a trip to Boston and New York planned for the fall. Thanks for enlightening me atomeyes. :roll:
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Why isn't there at least one pumpkin stout? Guess I will have to Gary my own...
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Nice - at least 6 here I'll be buying multiples of.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo