Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Any fresh RPA out there?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Any fresh RPA out there?

Post by JeffPorter »

I'd love to buy some bottles of RPA but it's pretty hard to find fresh stock. The freshest bottles I found were from July which isn't horrible for that beer, but just wondering if anyone's seen any fresh bottles.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

I've been wondering the same thing. Lots of May bombers still kicking around at the Ottawa (west end) stores I frequent. Sigh.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

where is the date on these bottles? I was looking one over the other day with no luck

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

spinrsx wrote:where is the date on these bottles? I was looking one over the other day with no luck
white "price tag" sticker on or near the neck/shoulder, usually. mm/dd/yy If I recall.

**edit:

Comme ca:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

weird, the bottles I saw definitely didn't have any stickers on them

How does their format work? DD/MM/YY?
instantkamera wrote:
spinrsx wrote:where is the date on these bottles? I was looking one over the other day with no luck
white "price tag" sticker on or near the neck/shoulder, usually. mm/dd/yy If I recall.

**edit:

Comme ca:

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

spinrsx wrote:weird, the bottles I saw definitely didn't have any stickers on them

How does their format work? DD/MM/YY?
I *think it's MMDDYY, but it's obviously ambiguous in my pic (side note, those RPA were bottled on my birthday!).

I know I saw some RPA the other day and I recall not buying it because they were bottled in June, but I don't recall the format (it was obviously June though).

Streets

Post by Streets »

Newer bottles have them printed on the label dot matrix style, so it's hard to read. My local store finally just sold out of the original April release, and the freshest I've seen were the G bottles at Dundurn yesterday, and I think those are from July...

Too bad they did that one huge release at the beginning, instead of trickling in fresh stock like seems to be happening with Boneshaker and Naughty Neighbour...

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Streets wrote:Newer bottles have them printed on the label dot matrix style, so it's hard to read. My local store finally just sold out of the original April release, and the freshest I've seen were the G bottles at Dundurn yesterday, and I think those are from July...

Too bad they did that one huge release at the beginning, instead of trickling in fresh stock like seems to be happening with Boneshaker and Naughty Neighbour...
"G" bottles were what I picked up in Ancaster about 3 weeks ago.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Yea all my locals dont have the date stickers on them anymore either. Not to steer the thread in another direction but I've noticed Red Racer and Crazy Canuck dont have dates on the bottom of cans anymore.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Yea all my locals dont have the date stickers on them anymore either. Not to steer the thread in another direction but I've noticed Red Racer and Crazy Canuck dont have dates on the bottom of cans anymore.
If RR isnt date-stamped, I won't buy it. I've seen too many cans past expiry sitting on the shelves.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

FWIW, the folks from Camerons say new stock is coming soon...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

JeffPorter wrote:FWIW, the folks from Camerons say new stock is coming soon...

same format? i think this would benefit from being in a 6'er like the rest of their lineup... and also being a the lower price (5.95, IIRC).

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Tall cans of this would be spectacular
Droogy wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:FWIW, the folks from Camerons say new stock is coming soon...

same format? i think this would benefit from being in a 6'er like the rest of their lineup... and also being a the lower price (5.95, IIRC).

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

They posted this pic on facebook today. Looks like some 6-packs of RPA!

Might be brewery only with LCBO remaining 650 mL, no idea really. Plus those mixed packs with the dopplebock look nice... hopefully some of those end up at the LCBO.
Last edited by groulxsome on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

sweet!!! also looks like there's some sort of mix pack that contains RPA too