Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Winter Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Wonkanator wrote:"9.95!? That's way too expensive for a single 330" (Renaissance Tribute Barley Wine). Luckily that's what the LCBO worker thought, rang it up with the domestic single bottle code (2 bucks!) wheeew
Yeah! Way to stick it to the man!

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

So is all the Rochefort 10 been released? It's hard to imagine it going as quickly as it did. I saw inventory listed and then found it gone by the time I got to the store.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

napoleon wrote:So is all the Rochefort 10 been released? It's hard to imagine it going as quickly as it did. I saw inventory listed and then found it gone by the time I got to the store.
The University Plaza location in Dundas had 192 bottles listed on Friday. On Sunday they had ~80 listed. Now they have none. I have never seen anything sell that quickly around here.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

napoleon wrote:So is all the Rochefort 10 been released? It's hard to imagine it going as quickly as it did. I saw inventory listed and then found it gone by the time I got to the store.
It hasn't even been listed in Peterborough, but yet it's on the shelf.

Online inventory can't always be trusted.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Cale wrote:
The University Plaza location in Dundas had 192 bottles listed on Friday. On Sunday they had ~80 listed. Now they have none. I have never seen anything sell that quickly around here.
I confess I bought all 192 just to show the LCBO honchos that Hamilton was deserving to be part of a Brewery Spotlight....what the heck its good till 2018.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

No it hasn't all made it to the stores yet. I was a Markham and a Richmond Hill store today both had it listed as stock and all was gone by the time I got there. Picked up 12 bottles in Scarborough today.

One (helpful) LCBO person printed out the distribution for me to the stores.
Richmond Hill as 240 bottles more on order due in.
Bayview Village the same.

Wilson and Dufferin location has 100 cases (yes 2,400 bottles) on order. They will be the kings of Rochefort 10 this time looks like.

There are 4416 bottles in the warehouse in Whitby (the above likely where some of that is going).

Cheers,
ST

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Grabbed some Rochefort 10 out in the suburbs yesterday...didn't go all out, only grabbed 4.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

I'm not sure the website inventory is at all accurate. Yesterday it showed 100 at RBC plaza but I never saw any on the shelf all day. Today it's gone. Today it shows 38 at morningside, but the store manager has never seen it. He looked at his system and said there was 4000 bottles at summer hill!

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

A wrote:He looked at his system and said there was 4000 bottles at summer hill!
Yes, the mountain of Rochefort 8 that was at Summerhill a few weeks ago has been replaced by a mountain of Rochefort 10.

I also noticed that Unibroue 17 is $3 off now (until the end of January, if it lasts that long).
Here's to the slow path.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Wheatsheaf wrote:I also noticed that Unibroue 17 is $3 off now (until the end of January, if it lasts that long).
Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely buy 2 or 3 at that price.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

A wrote:I'm not sure the website inventory is at all accurate. Yesterday it showed 100 at RBC plaza but I never saw any on the shelf all day. Today it's gone. Today it shows 38 at morningside, but the store manager has never seen it. He looked at his system and said there was 4000 bottles at summer hill!
Yeah, this inventory is changing faster than anything I've ever seen. Crazy!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I'm heading out to Summerhill momentarily to put a big dent in their Rochefort 10 inventory with orders from various bars around the city so watch out! The warehouse is out of Rochefort 8 right now so there won't be any store replenishments until the new year but Summerhill still has lots of it even if it's not stacked up on the floor.

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

esprit wrote:I'm heading out to Summerhill momentarily to put a big dent in their Rochefort 10 inventory with orders from various bars around the city so watch out! The warehouse is out of Rochefort 8 right now so there won't be any store replenishments until the new year but Summerhill still has lots of it even if it's not stacked up on the floor.
JESUS! Summerhill has 4054 bottles listed in stock right now! That's absurd.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

There were 48 bottles of R10 listed in Brantford on monday. I went in to grab some, they couldn't find it. Next day there's 0 stock. :( If someone is hoarding this, they suck.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

esprit said that '720 cases of Rochefort 10 arrived in the LCBO warehouse last week. That''s 17,280 bottles so should be enough to go around.'