Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Winter Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:esprit said that '720 cases of Rochefort 10 arrived in the LCBO warehouse last week. That''s 17,280 bottles so should be enough to go around.'
Just out of curiosity, is it possible the cases were only 12's?

720 x 12 is 8640 bottles, 6200 or so still online so 2400 some odd sold, none in the warehouse.

Looked for empty boxes but only saw the Woolly Bugger ones which were 12's considering they are 375 ml bottles.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

rochefort comes in cases of 24

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Is my math correct in assuming that the bottles of Rochefort 10 dated 21.08.2018 were bottled August 21st, 2013? That's some fresh Quad! I envy those of you with cellars (and $$$) to bulk age these!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

spinrsx wrote:rochefort comes in cases of 24
I can verify this, as I have a newly acquired case of 24 in my cellar...well 23 now.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

instantkamera wrote:There were 48 bottles of R10 listed in Brantford on monday. I went in to grab some, they couldn't find it. Next day there's 0 stock. :( If someone is hoarding this, they suck.
same as a store in burlington... had 48 bottles go in a day.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

There is either one big hoarder down my way, or a couple.
The R10 was cleaned out fast. I was dumb to think it might last through the week.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Droogy wrote:
instantkamera wrote:There were 48 bottles of R10 listed in Brantford on monday. I went in to grab some, they couldn't find it. Next day there's 0 stock. :( If someone is hoarding this, they suck.
same as a store in burlington... had 48 bottles go in a day.
I feel like it MUST have been a mistake. They told me they didn't sell any that day, and they literally had no idea what I was talking about and had not seen a case of it at all. Nothing else similar has flown off the shelves that fast before (ABT 12, for instance).

I actually had a similar issue WITH the ABT 12 in Hamilton. They checked everywhere and couldn't find it. Turns out it was an error, was removed. Then we got a bunch locally. :D

I haven't had a chance to call the beer manager about it, but I will tomorrow if I get a chance. There's still plenty of stock around, Im sure I can get it somewhere.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

When store people don't know what you're talking about, how about giving them the LCBO product number which in the case of Rochefort 10 is #374363. Although you would hope it would be different, most store employees won't have a clue about beers in the seasonal program. With the number they can look it up on the computer and tell you whether they have any, whether they had any and sold it and whether they have it on order.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Same thing happened to me! :(

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

cheechonaleash wrote:
Me too (this afternoon in Mississauga). LOL

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
cheechonaleash wrote:
Me too (this afternoon in Mississauga). LOL
I think we need a support group. :D ... :(

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

esprit wrote:When store people don't know what you're talking about, how about giving them the LCBO product number which in the case of Rochefort 10 is #374363. Although you would hope it would be different, most store employees won't have a clue about beers in the seasonal program. With the number they can look it up on the computer and tell you whether they have any, whether they had any and sold it and whether they have it on order.
\

I go armed with my phone for these very situations. The SKU was provided, and according to staff available at the time, they absolutely had not even received any in the first place.

I will be calling the manager tomorrow though to talk about it (maybe she can get some in).

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

I had the same problem at the lynden rd store. I'm pretty sure it was a private order and they are apparently ordering more.

Eli

Post by Eli »

If you only see something like 24 or 48 listed somewhere it might be for someone ordering the cases. Told a friend there were 48 in Liberty Village last weekend. I went to pick something else up but as I got there I saw someone getting the boxes from the back.

It does seem a bit cruel to have that stuff show up in the system though.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Eli wrote:It does seem a bit cruel to have that stuff show up in the system though.
Only with Vintages do they admit there is a problem, but only apologizing so far.
Note: The inventory shown in for VINTAGES products may include items pre-paid that have not been picked up by customers, such as CLASSICS, Bordeaux Futures and other direct offer products. Please contact the respective store to confirm with store staff that the product is available for sale. We are currently working on a solution to filter out such inventory and will alert product search engine users when it has been implemented.
Like we all really do that. And like they are working on it. For how long now?
In Beerum Veritas