Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Winter Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Jesus, filtering out results like that is like a 30 minute fix to their software. Maybe another hour or so to get it into whatever system they use to input the information. OK fine, and a couple of hours of testing, tops. It's still like a day's work, unless their software is amazingly bad.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Eli wrote:If you only see something like 24 or 48 listed somewhere it might be for someone ordering the cases. Told a friend there were 48 in Liberty Village last weekend. I went to pick something else up but as I got there I saw someone getting the boxes from the back.

It does seem a bit cruel to have that stuff show up in the system though.
True, but for smaller markets it's also possible that is the stock they were allotted. That is overwhelmingly the 'case' (pun intended) at my local; they rarely get more than 48 of anything.
I had the same problem at the lynden rd store. I'm pretty sure it was a private order and they are apparently ordering more.
Yep, that's the one. Did you speak to them about getting some? I was going to call (I think Erica is the 'beer manager' there).

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

squeaky wrote:Jesus, filtering out results like that is like a 30 minute fix to their software. Maybe another hour or so to get it into whatever system they use to input the information. OK fine, and a couple of hours of testing, tops. It's still like a day's work, unless their software is amazingly bad.
I think the public info is likely a bit of a hack from their internal records, not something that as organized with the customer in mind. But they haven't had to invest in because it's not like 99% of Ontarians will shop for booze anywhere else
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

jprime

Post by jprime »

to zaireeka & instantkamera. Dirtr0 and I live in St. George. We should get together for a beer sometime!

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

For any of you Brantford area folks: I was in to my local LCBO (I'm in Simcoe) and spoke with the store manager about ordering in some R10. He said he'd order me a case, even though I only want to buy 1/2. So, there could be a dozen bottles there. He suggested by next Monday the 30th.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

jprime wrote:to zaireeka & instantkamera. Dirtr0 and I live in St. George. We should get together for a beer sometime!
I'd be down at some point (probably in the new year). 8)
cheechonaleash wrote:For any of you Brantford area folks: I was in to my local LCBO (I'm in Simcoe) and spoke with the store manager about ordering in some R10. He said he'd order me a case, even though I only want to buy 1/2. So, there could be a dozen bottles there. He suggested by next Monday the 30th.
Thanks for the heads up.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

where is the Liefmans ???

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

I took this picture before grabbing a few cases at the Wilson and Dufferin LCBO this afternoon.

In the future I may very well refer to this as the high point of being in an LCBO. The Rochefort 10 proudly highlighted as well as several other Belgian Quads and Quad styles.

Kudos to the Wilson and Dufferin LCBO Manager or whomever else thought to set this up.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so we are still missing:

361188 / Buxton Imperial Black IPA / 500 / $5.50
348656 / Liefmans Goudenband / 750 / $8.75
343947 / Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple / 330 / $3.20

spring is around the corner ;)

speaking of which, the spring lcbo release was announced last year on Jan 30th.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ Rochefort 10 at Wilson / Dufferin - well at least they found a convenient place to dump half the shipment LOL.

I guess Ontario needed a at least 4 times as many cases, and spread around a little more...
In Beerum Veritas

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

still anxiously awaiting LaTrappe Quad up here in Ptbo...

yearly I look forward to picking up a BSA for $7!

it's seems pretty poorly distributed, hopefully it'll stay around.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Waiting on the Goudenband... :(
lister

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

still nothing.. the spring beers will be here before the winter ones.
spinrsx wrote:so we are still missing:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wow looks like 60 per cent of the Rochefort 10 stock has disappeared at Wils/Duff compared to ten days ago - last call to those wanting to stock up - I grabbed half a case, hope it comes back again though.
In Beerum Veritas

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

spinrsx wrote:so we are still missing:

I was at Jane/Dundas location two days ago. All three of these had shelf labels. So did Achel Bruin for $2.95/bottle. Gotta guess these are showing up soon!