Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Winter Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

nickw wrote:It's on the shelf at King and Spadina.

(sorry, the Goudenband is)
Yes it is! Pleasant surprise today. Just in time for the weekend plans. :D
lister

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

JProulx wrote:
I was at Jane/Dundas location two days ago. All three of these had shelf labels. So did Achel Bruin for $2.95/bottle. Gotta guess these are showing up soon!
Any news/sightings of the Achel Bruin?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Masterplan wrote:
JProulx wrote:
I was at Jane/Dundas location two days ago. All three of these had shelf labels. So did Achel Bruin for $2.95/bottle. Gotta guess these are showing up soon!
Any news/sightings of the Achel Bruin?
I'm pretty sure the Achel is somewhere between Belgium and Ontario currently. When I checked earlier this week it wasn't in the warehouse yet even and I think it had an expected delivery date of early/mid February

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Draak 9000 is on the shelves in Ottawa, not even on the friggin lcbo site yet.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

spinrsx wrote:Draak 9000 is on the shelves in Ottawa, not even on the friggin lcbo site yet.
Interesting. I was in Queens Quay tonight and there was none there. Ottawa beating the store on the same lot as HQ for an import is rare.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

ya, I'm surprised too. The Orleans (Ottawa) location had 10 cases of it.
squeaky wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Draak 9000 is on the shelves in Ottawa, not even on the friggin lcbo site yet.
Interesting. I was in Queens Quay tonight and there was none there. Ottawa beating the store on the same lot as HQ for an import is rare.

Alpha10

Post by Alpha10 »

Milton (main and bronte) has Goudenband in stock.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Dundurn in Hamilton had some Goudenband today, lucky to snag the last bottle.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Is Goudenband in limited supply? It's at my local lcbo, should I be snapping this up quickly?
phirleh wrote:Dundurn in Hamilton had some Goudenband today, lucky to snag the last bottle.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

spinrsx wrote:Is Goudenband in limited supply? It's at my local lcbo, should I be snapping this up quickly?
phirleh wrote:Dundurn in Hamilton had some Goudenband today, lucky to snag the last bottle.
Looks like most stores got 24, which would probably disappear quick. Great price. Most of Dundurn's supply in Hamilton was gone before it reached the shelf.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

draak in toronto now

Queens Quay & Yonge 939 Bottles

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

phirleh wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Is Goudenband in limited supply? It's at my local lcbo, should I be snapping this up quickly?
Looks like most stores got 24, which would probably disappear quick. Great price. Most of Dundurn's supply in Hamilton was gone before it reached the shelf.
Dundurn moves stock fast but Ancaster got a couple cases and Dundas got a ton so no problem.

Guess I know where I will be tomorrow morning.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

finally listed:

BUXTON IMPERIAL BLACK IPA
LCBO 361188 | 500 mL bottle
Price: $ 5.50

GULDEN DRAAK 9000 QUADRUPLE
LCBO 343947 | 330 mL bottle
Price $ 3.25

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Ukie wrote:
phirleh wrote:
Dundurn moves stock fast but Ancaster got a couple cases and Dundas got a ton so no problem.

A friend saw a few on the shelf in Dundas, but there were quite a few in Ancaster.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

phirleh wrote:
Ukie wrote:
phirleh wrote: Looks like most stores got 24, which would probably disappear quick. Great price. Most of Dundurn's supply in Hamilton was gone before it reached the shelf.

A friend saw a few on the shelf in Dundas, but there were quite a few in Ancaster.

Ancaster has 8 left, Dundas was showing 61 unless they got cleaned out early this morning.

Bottles show a best before date of 01/02/2022.

Hopefully I'm still around.