Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Winter Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Belgian wrote:
nickelass wrote:They are still pretty solid for being old.
I guess we're spoiled - while the LC fails at getting us some IPAs nearly as fresh as we'd like, at least we rarely find years-old stock lurking on the shelves here as we can in some USA retail shops.
Really??! I took this picture at a store in Oakville on Cornwall Rd yesterday:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ yes we 'rarely' find super old stock, getting stung does happen. I just mean it's not such a minefield up here as it can be stateside.

Of course with the LC we're pretty well-informed in advance what's arriving fresh anyway.
In Beerum Veritas

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

There's always the chance that the flat has been recycled. They date their cans (I believe) so it would be easy to check.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.