Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

spinrsx wrote:I called it.
spinrsx wrote:anytime we *really* want a beer that the lcbo is supposed to stock, there is some sort of random delay. Would assume founders will be the same
Why do you insist on using your powers for evil?!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

4ster wrote:I've had Dirty Bastard before and didn't pick up any of those flavours... it just tasted much like a Scotch Ale.....strange.... perhaps it was just a combination of trying all the beers at once?
The characteristics I noted were more in the aroma than in the flavour. But it definitely tasted off as well. I've had it a couple of times before, and as you say, it's a pretty bang on Scotch Ale.

I doubt it had anything to do with the other beers we were trying, especially since it was the aroma that first indicated something was up. There just seemed to be something wrong with those bottles. Hopefully it doesn't affect the whole batch that is coming in.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

LCBO has a listing for 4 of the Founders (not Breakfast Stout) but no stock showing.

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

All Founders beers (except Breakfast Stout) listed.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

a part of me is still surprised that this is actually happening. Can't wait to stock up!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:a part of me is still surprised that this is actually happening. Can't wait to stock up!
I notice BA removed their suggested cellaring times.

What kind of BB dates can we expect?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

BA still has that info, you just have to click on the style of beer.

Backwoods Bastard for example:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/77

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:BA still has that info, you just have to click on the style of beer.

Backwoods Bastard for example:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/77
Ok thanks, I knew it had to be there someplace.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder if we will also get some fresh centennial as part of this release

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

spinrsx wrote:wonder if we will also get some fresh centennial as part of this release
centennial is general list afaik, and there seems to be a steady flow of fresh product coming in since it was introduced... i know i always check the dates on the bottles before buying and they're generally pretty good.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

grub wrote:
spinrsx wrote:wonder if we will also get some fresh centennial as part of this release
centennial is general list afaik, and there seems to be a steady flow of fresh product coming in since it was introduced... i know i always check the dates on the bottles before buying and they're generally pretty good.
Anything that I've seen these days is BB November so I've avoided it :(

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone with lcbo internal system access know when these will be on shelves? I'm assuming toronto sees them this week?

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

spinrsx wrote:anyone with lcbo internal system access know when these will be on shelves? I'm assuming toronto sees them this week?
I stopped into the King & Spadina LCBO on my lunch break today and no Founders were on the shelf yet. There was a lot of empty shelf space where their seasonal releases are usually kept though, so I suppose it's coming soon.

Number8

Post by Number8 »

Droogy wrote: Anything that I've seen these days is BB November so I've avoided it :(
I've had the same experience as well for the last couple of months.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I keep seeing the 'Best By 12/06/2014' batch