Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

The LCBO has four of the beers listed now, though no store inventories...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Yep, we discussed this on the previous page

schomberger wrote:The LCBO has four of the beers listed now, though no store inventories...

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Uh---I just posted that to make sure everyone was paying attention...nice work, spinrsx!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

got me all excited when I saw your post.. I quickly read it as:
schomberger wrote:The LCBO has four of the beers in stock!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

They're on the shelves at King & Spadina except for the breakfast stout.
lister

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wondering what kind of reception these beers get. Picturing people filling their shopping carts and trunks. More so if the Breakfast stout was included.
lister wrote:They're on the shelves at King & Spadina except for the breakfast stout.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

spinrsx wrote:wondering what kind of reception these beers get. Picturing people filling their shopping carts and trunks. More so if the Breakfast stout was included.
I just picked up one six of the three there and two fours of the Backwards Bastard. I don't know yet on the breakfast stout, game time decision when it hits the field.

Hopefuy no one hoards. Spread the goodness around and remember the craft newbies. It is to our benefit the larger the craft beer drinkers gets.
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

lister wrote:
spinrsx wrote:wondering what kind of reception these beers get. Picturing people filling their shopping carts and trunks. More so if the Breakfast stout was included.
I just picked up one six of the three there and two fours of the Backwards Bastard. I don't know yet on the breakfast stout, game time decision when it hits the field.

Hopefuy no one hoards. Spread the goodness around and remember the craft newbies. It is to our benefit the larger the craft beer drinkers gets.
Hoarding the Pale Ale and the Porter would be a waste anyway.

So long as I get some breaky stout I'm all good.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

what is the date on the pale ale?

also curious to see what others think of the dirty bastard (since greg said it tasted off)
lister wrote:

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Don't suppose anyone knows which stores will be included in the feature? Guessing I'll need to venture into the city to find 'em, but with no stock listed online, I wouldn't even know where to look.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

grub wrote:Don't suppose anyone knows which stores will be included in the feature? Guessing I'll need to venture into the city to find 'em, but with no stock listed online, I wouldn't even know where to look.
Yonge & 7 ussually get the brewery features
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Just saw the tag at my local for Breakfast stout. Looks like the price has been adjusted to 13.10 a 4 pack.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

icemachine wrote:Yonge & 7 ussually get the brewery features
ah, nice, thanks! that's fairly convenient - at least more than having to run into the city. now to hope they pop up so i can stock up before i head south for the holiday...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

Stroonze wrote:Just saw the tag at my local for Breakfast stout. Looks like the price has been adjusted to 13.10 a 4 pack.
Don't go breaking my heart

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

grub wrote:Don't suppose anyone knows which stores will be included in the feature? Guessing I'll need to venture into the city to find 'em, but with no stock listed online, I wouldn't even know where to look.
The stock will probably be listed tomorrow. The website is usually a day behind.