Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Cale wrote:
Ukie wrote:
Cale wrote:
Regarding the Founders release - the LCBO refused to send any of it to Hamilton, according to an employee at the Dundurn location. So he talked to the sales rep for Founders and who went to another store, bought a case of each, and returned them to Dundurn. Gotta game the system!
Ah that's explains it, I walked in and saw it sitting there and suddenly felt shooting pains in my arm, the LC actually included Hamilton in a Feature?

I know what was I thinking. Good on the Founders sales rep and the Dundurn staff.

May hit the States in the next day or so, where did you get the Lag Sucks from?
Yeah we had been emailing Josh at Dundurn about it. Pretty depressing that the LCBO refused to send any. Josh also mentioned they were trying to get on the brewery feature list for 2014 and on, but I have no idea how likely that really is.

Grabbed the Sucks at Premier. Drove through hell to get it... Don't go there hoping for the Firestone Walker 17 they tweeted about though, as I was the asshole who got the last one!
Josh said the Founder's "returns" sold out in 6 hours and he was going to use that stat to advocate for the inclusion of Dundurn in a brewery release.

Anyone (Peen!) know who the best person to contact is relating to advocating for a brewery feature store? (forgot to ask Josh when I was there). If enough Hamiltonians send e-mails and get behind this, maybe ti will happen!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

.......and Dundurn is trying to get more. But "no promises". Struck out getting some today, but I knew it would be too late.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

boney wrote:.......and Dundurn is trying to get more. But "no promises". Struck out getting some today, but I knew it would be too late.
Friday was too late!

I think the "Feature" stores selection is based on gross sales or something, whether the LC ever re-evaluates which stores are considered or not I don't know, Peen?

Funny that last year Ancaster was chosen to get Westy 12 but not a "Feature". Between Dundurn, Upper James, Dundas, both Creek stores and maybe the Centre we have most of it covered.

Noticed Upper James blew threw 36 bottles of Take The Black Stout in about 3 days. This was at least there 2nd shipment. Must be Christmas!

zane9

Post by zane9 »

boney wrote:... If enough Hamiltonians send e-mails and get behind this, maybe ti will happen!
I'm in!

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Just bought a case of the Breakfast Stout in Barrhaven. Still 3 cases plus a few 4's left. Lots of Dirty Bastard there as well (and Berny 12).

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

still don't get why Ottawa is receiving these beers 1 at a time. Isn't the point of a 'feature' to have some sort of shelf space set up with a variety of the brewers beers? At this rate, each variety sells out before the next arrives.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Kekumba wrote:Just bought a case of the Breakfast Stout in Barrhaven. Still 3 cases plus a few 4's left. Lots of Dirty Bastard there as well (and Berny 12).
Also just bought a case... 2 left at greenbank and strandheard.

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

I picked up some in Barrhaven as well. Tough to find since it was still in the boxes and on an end display at the bottom. Fortunately there was some helpful LCBO staff there to help me find it.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

For any folks in Brantford lamenting the fact that we didn't get any of the Founder's feature, I happened to be speaking to Joan at LCBO #44 (Market/ICOMM) and she said they could, and would, get two cases in. I only want a couple 4-packs, so for the rest of you, this may be a chance to get some. She thinks it can be in by next week.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

instantkamera wrote:For any folks in Brantford lamenting the fact that we didn't get any of the Founder's feature, I happened to be speaking to Joan at LCBO #44 (Market/ICOMM) and she said they could, and would, get two cases in. I only want a couple 4-packs, so for the rest of you, this may be a chance to get some. She thinks it can be in by next week.
Is that 2 cases of each beer?

SRM

Post by SRM »

Heads up for the Windsor people, I just picked up some Backwoods at the Lauzon location. There wasn't anymore on the shelf but chances are the Roundhouse might still have it even though the lcbo website never listed it as being in Windsor.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

cheechonaleash wrote:
instantkamera wrote:For any folks in Brantford lamenting the fact that we didn't get any of the Founder's feature, I happened to be speaking to Joan at LCBO #44 (Market/ICOMM) and she said they could, and would, get two cases in. I only want a couple 4-packs, so for the rest of you, this may be a chance to get some. She thinks it can be in by next week.
Is that 2 cases of each beer?
Shit, sorry. I left off ''of backwoods bastard". So just that one (it's the only one I'm concerned with right now).

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

instantkamera wrote:
Shit, sorry. I left off ''of backwoods bastard". So just that one (it's the only one I'm concerned with right now).
But the Breakfast Stout is sooooooo good.......

And I'm not even a big stout fan.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

BlackRedGold wrote:
instantkamera wrote:
But the Breakfast Stout is sooooooo good.......

And I'm not even a big stout fan.
I agree, but I already have some in the fridge. :lol:

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

SRM wrote:Heads up for the Windsor people, I just picked up some Backwoods at the Lauzon location. There wasn't anymore on the shelf but chances are the Roundhouse might still have it even though the lcbo website never listed it as being in Windsor.
Roundhouse is not getting any.
What was on the shelf at Lauzon was all that I left. ;)
Didn't want to be greedy and let some other fine beer folk in the city have some. Did you grab both 4 packs?