Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ercousin wrote:
spinrsx wrote:as much as I'm loving the founders brewery feature.. do we know who the next brewer to be featured is?
Here's hoping for Stone...
Well Stone's a lot farther away - love the brews they make though. Insane good. Stone may not be looking for this wide of a distribution, let alone red tape and jumping through hoops.
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Stone would be a total waste of a feature IMO.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:Stone would be a total waste of a feature IMO.
From my point of view it would be a waste as well. But that's because I've been down to the US and traded to much over the past few years that I've tried everything in Stone's portfolio 10X over.

That said, for every person like you or I in Ontario, there are 20 that would drool over a Stone feature. Same would go for Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, or any of the other larger craft breweries state side.

Have you even purchased much or any of the Founders feature?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this info must be out there somewhere.. the brewery feature is every quarter and the next brewer must have received an order from the lcbo by now.. (I would assume)

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: Have you even purchased much or any of the Founders feature?
Two 4-packs of Breakfast Stout and one 4-pack Backwoods

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

How would Stone be a waste of a feature? I'd love to get some Ruination, Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, IRS, Smoked Porter, Old Guardian, Enjoy By...

Is it just that they're fairly common in the states? I've had maybe half of those before, but I'd certainly be happy to pick them up again if I could. Dang, it's been too long since I've had a Ruination.

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

Is there a list somewhere of all the past brewery features?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I don't think there is a master list, but you can search this site for answers for sure

The ones I remember:

Nogne 0
Renaissance
Dieu Du Ciel
Fullers
Dupont
Tree
Rogue
Garrison
Norrebro Bryghus

BlackRedGold wrote:Is there a list somewhere of all the past brewery features?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

They did a generic Quebec feature recently too.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

squeaky wrote:How would Stone be a waste of a feature? I'd love to get some Ruination, Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, IRS, Smoked Porter, Old Guardian, Enjoy By...

Is it just that they're fairly common in the states? I've had maybe half of those before, but I'd certainly be happy to pick them up again if I could. Dang, it's been too long since I've had a Ruination.
Yeah, they are fairly common when traveling in the states and I have had them many times over. So again IMO it is a waste of a feature. Also, do you think for a second if Ontario were to get Enjoy By that it would get to retail before the Enjoy By date?

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

PeenSteen wrote:
squeaky wrote:How would Stone be a waste of a feature? I'd love to get some Ruination, Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, IRS, Smoked Porter, Old Guardian, Enjoy By...

Yeah, they are fairly common when traveling in the states and I have had them many times over. So again IMO it is a waste of a feature. Also, do you think for a second if Ontario were to get Enjoy By that it would get to retail before the Enjoy By date?
Lol it's sadly true. I wonder why they can't just get a few bottles for lab tests then make the big order once lab testing is passed?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Found some Backwoods Bastard hidden at the LCBO on Laird. the fridge was empty, but a few packs were on an end along with another Founders beer. very hard to find.
no porter there. don't recall if Breakfast Stout is still there.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

For anyone in/near Brantford, DB and BB are both available at Market/Icomm, in very limited quantity.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

PeenSteen wrote:

The humour in them missing the date is enough to make it a win-win.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

squeaky wrote:How would Stone be a waste of a feature?
Because all of the hoppy stuff would be faded as heck years before it got here.