Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

groulxsome wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:According to Drinkvine, there are still 30 sixers of the Porter at Summerhill, 14 at Crossroads, 12 at Leaside, etc., so it is hardly sold out. Unless this is phantom stock?
I saw some Porter at the King and Spadina location last Friday, so these are likely just the last few sixers in the province rather than phantom stock!
I picked up a six of the porter there last night and there was a bunch left.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Three Backwoods Bastards at Bay Dundas are phantom stock, apparently - I had hoped to try this one as the Dirty Bastard really grows on me, as good as Alesmith Wee Heavy IMO. If there's any sanity these will be back though.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

had a porter and a backwoods last night.. seriously wish I bought more of each. Every LCBO brewery feature should be founders :)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

My wife is down to her last 3 bottles (or as she calls them, "my babies") from the 2 cases of Breakfast Stout we got from the release.

I think she might cry when she drinks the last one. :cry:

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

GregClow wrote:My wife is down to her last 3 bottles (or as she calls them, "my babies") from the 2 cases of Breakfast Stout we got from the release.

Here's a suggestion. One of my favorite road trips was to Grand Rapids last year. In addition to Founders, there are a few excellent breweries both there and on the way. Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids was amazing. Bells is only a very short detour, and Dark Horse is maybe an extra 30 minutes out of the way.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

napoleon wrote:
GregClow wrote:My wife is down to her last 3 bottles (or as she calls them, "my babies") from the 2 cases of Breakfast Stout we got from the release.

Here's a suggestion. One of my favorite road trips was to Grand Rapids last year. In addition to Founders, there are a few excellent breweries both there and on the way. Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids was amazing. Bells is only a very short detour, and Dark Horse is maybe an extra 30 minutes out of the way.
Jolly Pumpkin and Kuhnhenn are on the way too, if you do it right.

...and if you're going that far, you really ought to keep pushing to Three Floyds. :wink:

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

The Backwoods is sooooo nice. I'm having my last one now. I am really going to miss this one.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

sstackho wrote:The Backwoods is sooooo nice. I'm having my last one now. I am really going to miss this one.
I think the Backwoods was my favourite of this bunch...never tried the pale ale though.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

squeaky wrote:
napoleon wrote:

Jolly Pumpkin and Kuhnhenn are on the way too, if you do it right.

...and if you're going that far, you really ought to keep pushing to Three Floyds. :wink:
Would be a great idea, if either my wife or I drove... :oops: