Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

Post by GregClow »

The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO Founders Brewery Feature:

LCBO# / Product name / Size / Retail
354787 / Founders Breakfast Stout / 4 x355 / $15.20 [NOTE: Was incorrectly listed as 6 x355 - now corrected]
353938 / Founders Porter / 6 x355 / $13.50
353946 / Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale / 6 x355 / $13.50
353953 / Founders Dirty Bastard / 6 x355 / $13.50
353961 / Founders Backwoods Bastard / 4 x 355 / $12.00

Planned release date for the beers is week of December 8th, although as always, some beers may arrive earlier or later.
Last edited by GregClow on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

heebes

Post by heebes »

whoooohooooo 8)

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Wow this is pretty cool. I bought a bottle of the dry hopped pale ale back in October when we made a day trip to the US. unfortunately it was over a year old (bottled in summer 2012) but it was still really good. I imagine it would be awesome fresh.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Yummy, I'll get a bunch of these!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I am going to stop buying beer in anticipation of this

do we have any idea how much of each is coming? Are people going to be lining up to get the breakfast stout etc?

nickw

Post by nickw »

For an LCBO that is moving away from full 6-packs due to shelf space, a brewery feature of ONLY six-packs (and a 4-pack) is interesting. Wonder what beers will be bumped off the shelves for this :wink:

(That said, I'm pretty damn excited for this feature)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This is pretty great, gotta say!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Anyone know what kinds of volumes we're dealing with here? Brewery features normally come with quite a bit, don't they?

Obviously what I really want to know is if I have to line up to get some breakfast stout.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I'll be buying the shit out of the Porter, Breakfast, Dirty, and Pale. Not a big fan of the Backwoods but it's still awesome to see it coming to Ontario. Kudos to whoever represents these guys.
spinrsx wrote:I am going to stop buying beer in anticipation of this
^ Bar Towel quote of the year ^
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

I intentionally did not buy the porter on my last trip to buffalo believing this feature was coming soon---THANK GOD IT"S (almost) HERE!!

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Hot stuff.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cratez wrote:I'll be buying the shit out of the Porter, Breakfast, Dirty, and Pale.
Sounds like an awesome $56 two-four! None of this border nazi patrol stuff, OK I'm in.

It also sounds like these could be in-demand enough to come back, amazing the superior reputation this brewery has up here.
In Beerum Veritas

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Planning to go hard on the Breakfast Stout, and to a lesser extend the Porter. Without a doubt two beers I'd love to have in my fridge all winter long.

Singles gonna be okay? I'm not big on scotch ales, but I'll gladly tick them off.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone have any experience aging the breakfast stout? How long will it hold up for?

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Okay, hats off to the LCBO. You've got to give it to these commie bastards, as of late....