Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Samuel Adams Utopias 2013

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Samuel Adams Utopias 2013

Post by Ukie »

Its that time again.......November 22.........speed dialers ready?

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/media_rele ... nt_id=2941

If this has been posted already I apologize.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I wish they would revert to the lottery system they did a couple of years ago. I wasted 2 hours on re-dial last year to get my bottle.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I wish they would revert to the lottery system they did a couple of years ago. I wasted 2 hours on re-dial last year to get my bottle.
I think it's easier this way, making people come to them instead so they don't have to collect everyone's info and put it all into a massive draw.

But at least they even do it at all. Console yourself with the greater cost and lesser convenience of buying a bottle stateside...

Having tried one vintage of Utopias, I'd say very worthwhile, but for the cost would get lots of of amazing fortified wines like the Lustau Amontillado Sherry. Whatever spins yer top.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Totally agree with Belgian, limited quantity do the dial in ordering.

Don't mind the lottery but totally hate the Westvleteren 12, first come first served format of last year.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

shhhhhhhhohhh i have no fucking chance...

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

instantkamera wrote:shhhhhhhhohhh i have no fucking chance...
Sure you do, 200 extra bottles available.

Get a friend or family member to help out and "Bob's your uncle"!

Me I just use reverse psychology, I don't really want one but I'll phone anyways. Sure hope I don't get one...cant afford it.. wife will kill me ...please no!

Yes....bonus!

See?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Ukie wrote:.cant afford it.. wife will kill me ...
Exactly why I won't even be calling! :P
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

But if your wife kills you, there IS no Visa bill to pay hence you can afford it. Ahh the inescapable logic of buying shit you don't really need!
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Put me in the "my wife will kill" me camp...and, frankly, with just cause, too...

We're still paying for our Nova Scotia trip where she let me drop $100 on 250ml (yes, 250ml) of 17 year old Glen Breton whiskey that I got to pour straight from the cask!

It was like a growler fill, but for scotch and a whole lot of money for not much whiskey...it was awesome...

Anyways, No Utopias for me...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

I'll be trying to get one. I've justified it by saying that it's not for me, but a gift for a friend who has no real opportunity to get Utopias. A friend who will almost certainly drink it ONLY with me.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

on hold now

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

are you phoning the 416 or 800 #? I get the busy signal

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

cveerman wrote:are you phoning the 416 or 800 #? I get the busy signal
I was on 416, wife was on 800. She got in, then I did as well but since she had already purchased I let them go - I don't need 2, spread the love and all that. Forgot to ask how many are left. Keep at it.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

800 668 5226?

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

cveerman wrote:800 668 5226?
UTOPIAS - CALL 1-800-668-5226 or (416) 365-5900

sooo... yep

Right off the bat they said "pour le service en francais..." then "if you are calling about Utopias, press 1"