Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

can anyone who has picked up the Kasteel Donker please let me know what the best before date is on the bottles?

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

spinrsx wrote:can anyone who has picked up the Kasteel Donker please let me know what the best before date is on the bottles?
nov 2018

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

perfect, thanks!
kevinlater wrote:
spinrsx wrote:can anyone who has picked up the Kasteel Donker please let me know what the best before date is on the bottles?
nov 2018

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

TDD Morsure, Abbaye Des Rocs Montagnarde, St-Feuillien Saison, Liefmans Cuvee Brut and Boon Framboise have been discontinued.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Ceecee wrote:TDD Morsure, Abbaye Des Rocs Montagnarde, St-Feuillien Saison, Liefmans Cuvee Brut and Boon Framboise have been discontinued.
Seasonal release items always get discontinued
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Just seems like they weren't around for very long. Here in Ottawa, anyway. Especially since others in the release aren't out yet.

It was more of a "if you were meaning to get it, buy it now" sort of thing.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Enlightenment: The Age of Raisin now showing stock

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Anyone else not able to finish the Donker? I try to approach every beer with an open mind but this one was just straight up, one-dimensional sweet, with a syrupy, under-carbonated mouthfeel. Bleh.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Loved it. Found it to be in the same ballpark as the Cuvee Van De Keizer.

9/10 will drink again.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

cratez wrote:Anyone else not able to finish the Donker? I try to approach every beer with an open mind but this one was just straight up, one-dimensional sweet, with a syrupy, under-carbonated mouthfeel. Bleh.
With the exception of the St. Feuillien, I really didn't like any of these. I couldn't even begin to finish the Liefman's. None of them were proper sours...all overly sweetened.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

I tried the Liefmans last night and WOW, it was exceptionally sweet. I don't mind sweet, but that was too much.

wkbdyb

Post by wkbdyb »

Anyone know what happened to the Kåååd? I mean, I can guess.

TerraFirma

Post by TerraFirma »

wkbdyb wrote:Anyone know what happened to the Kåååd? I mean, I can guess.
The Kaaad has been held up due to issues relating to their total production. The LCBO charges a higher duty rate for breweries producing more that 50,000HL per year and they assume that every brewery falls into that category unless provided with a government document from the country of origin stating otherwise. Unfortunately, Denmark doesn't have this type of system set up so we were caught in limbo trying to resolve it.

Long story short, it should be in the stores by next week.

Cheers,

Nick

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Thanks for the answer, Nick
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Kaaad showing stock now