Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Still 8 bottles of the jolly pumpkin on the shelf at king and spadina.

The (old) website shows stock in two other stores as well, if you type in the item number instead of searching for it.

Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

I'm not having any luck, even with the number. Provided I'm using the right one. What are the other stores with stock?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Bobsy wrote: Perhaps a stupid question - is Sidelaunch Wheat the exact same recipe as Denison's? Seemed pretty spot on tonight, but it's hard to tell without a side-by-side.
From what I've heard it's the exact same, except the water is different. No idea how that's changed the flavour profile as I've yet to have the Side Launch version.
I thought one was replacing the other. I saw both on the shelf at the LCBO in Collingwood last Friday.
I'd guess that's from the last batch of Denison's.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Charchuk wrote:I'm not having any luck, even with the number. Provided I'm using the right one. What are the other stores with stock?
http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr ... ber=365734

Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

That's strange. It's the same number I used but it won't locate it when I search.

Thanks!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Charchuk wrote:That's strange. It's the same number I used but it won't locate it when I search.

Thanks!
I think its been wonky all day.

Ive tried both sites using name and number and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Always good to see another member from Hamilton joining the crowd!

Hola!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Is this stuff selling fast? Limited amount available? People buying it by the case etc?

Wondering how much effort to exhaust into picking some up
squeaky wrote:Still 8 bottles of the jolly pumpkin on the shelf at king and spadina.
The (old) website shows stock in two other stores as well, if you type in the item number instead of searching for it.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Charchuk wrote:That's strange. It's the same number I used but it won't locate it when I search.

Thanks!
It doesn't work with searching, you have to type the item number into the address bar on your browser.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

spinrsx wrote:Is this stuff selling fast? Limited amount available? People buying it by the case etc?

Wondering how much effort to exhaust into picking some up
squeaky wrote:Still 8 bottles of the jolly pumpkin on the shelf at king and spadina.
Hard to say. If you trust their stock numbers they went from 29 to 8 bottles at King and Spadina today, but it's barely listed at all on their website. You really have to know to look for it. Also, I think this is just the very tip of the release, it's bound to go much wider shortly. I doubt it sells out overnight, but I'm sleeping easy with 8 bottles by my fridge, you know?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

lots and lots of bottles at summerhill

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Several Jolly Pumpkin out in Aurora right now. A good bit of LTM Gose as well.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

If some stores are showing inventory then call up your local store and speak with the person responsible for ordering beer. I just did this with my local and they ordered Jolly Pumpkin and Omnipollo while I was on the phone with them. It will be on the shelf next Friday.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Couldn't quite justify the Jolly Pumpkin while shopping for beer earlier. Great beer. Decent price. Don't have the mental space for it at the moment, you know? Sometimes you want brass tacks and cold hard math.
saintjohnswort.ca

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Jolly Pumpkin and Omnipollo at Front and Sherbourne just now. Also the Chiron, but be advised it scans as a case :)

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Bobsy wrote: Perhaps a stupid question - is Sidelaunch Wheat the exact same recipe as Denison's? Seemed pretty spot on tonight, but it's hard to tell without a side-by-side.
From what I've heard it's the exact same, except the water is different. No idea how that's changed the flavour profile as I've yet to have the Side Launch version.
I thought one was replacing the other. I saw both on the shelf at the LCBO in Collingwood last Friday.
I spoke with the Side Launch team last week. What's happened is that Michael Hancock (brewer and owner of Denison's) has teamed up with a few investors to start Side Launch. In doing so, he's folded the Weiss and the Dunkel into the Side Launch portfolio. Same recipes as always (though, yes, different water source). He's also now brewing a Pale Ale. I was told all three will eventually be available at the LCBO in tall can format.

There was a little bit about it put on Denison's website: http://www.denisons.ca/Denisons_Brewing ... lcome.html