Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

So I just got in to my first StL Gueuze Fond Trad and noticed the cap is fairly rusty, even progressed to the inside of the "crimp" at the bottle contact points (doesn't mess with the seal at all).

The beer seems fine, but upon closer inspection, the others in my cellar have the same "issue". Anyone else notice this, or did I get unlucky?

For what it's worth, I think it's mostly superficial, but still a bit of an annoyance. I realize this bottle already has some age on it, but just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

instantkamera wrote: just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.
Not mine... odd.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

instantkamera wrote:So I just got in to my first StL Gueuze Fond Trad and noticed the cap is fairly rusty, even progressed to the inside of the "crimp" at the bottle contact points (doesn't mess with the seal at all).

The beer seems fine, but upon closer inspection, the others in my cellar have the same "issue". Anyone else notice this, or did I get unlucky?

For what it's worth, I think it's mostly superficial, but still a bit of an annoyance. I realize this bottle already has some age on it, but just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.
I bought this product from three different locations and every single bottle had this issue. Beer tasted fine though. Also noticed that each bottle has some liquid reside on it. Like the bottles overflowed when filled.