LCBO Summer 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby Ukie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:16 pm

midlife crisis wrote:
kevinlater wrote:jolly pumpkin, nebuchadnezzar and chiron on the shelves at clarkson as of this afternoon. chiron rang up as a $60 case for me, so just watch out for that


Hey, that happened to me this evening as well. Buyer beware!


You lost me. $5 a bottle for 500ml X 12 per case $60?
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1961
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby midlife crisis » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:17 pm

But one bottle (which is all I bought) seems to ring in as a case. They were about to charge me $83 for a bottle of Chiron, a couple of Pyramid Outbursts, and one or two other odds and ends.
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby Ukie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Ok, now I see, so $720 a case.
Baulz
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Pederburra

Postby Baulz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 am

Same thing happened to me. Couldn't believe it when the cashier asked for $125!
User avatar
saints_gambit
Bar Fly
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Postby saints_gambit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:26 am

I had that happen as well. The guy removed the Chiron case and had to enter it as *single bottle value*. I ended up being undercharged by a bunch. Pretty sweet, as long as you notice the blighting thing.
saintjohnswort.ca
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Belgian » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

How to Beat the System - buy hundreds of dollars worth of bottles of Chiron at the corrected price, lose the receipt, and then return them all for thousands of dollars in store credit at the Chiron 'ring in' price.

Drink very cheaply for a year or two! YVW.
In Beerum Veritas
Lukie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Postby Lukie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 am

Belgian wrote:How to Beat the System - buy hundreds of dollars worth of bottles of Chiron at the corrected price, lose the receipt, and then return them all for thousands of dollars in store credit at the Chiron 'ring in' price.

Drink very cheaply for a year or two! YVW.



Just the other day I witnessed a CSR have a huge argument with a customer over not being able to return a bottle because of no receipt. The CSR got so excited and was yelling "security, take him out" repeatedly.
The Mick
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby The Mick » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 am

Lukie wrote:
Belgian wrote:How to Beat the System - buy hundreds of dollars worth of bottles of Chiron at the corrected price, lose the receipt, and then return them all for thousands of dollars in store credit at the Chiron 'ring in' price.

Drink very cheaply for a year or two! YVW.



Just the other day I witnessed a CSR have a huge argument with a customer over not being able to return a bottle because of no receipt. The CSR got so excited and was yelling "security, take him out" repeatedly.



Don't be ashamed, we're all friends here. Just come out and say you were escorted out by LCBO security. I mean, who hasn't been in that situation at least once?

DAMN YOU THERE IS A SINGLE BOTTLE CODE!!!!
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Belgian » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:29 pm

The Mick wrote:
Lukie wrote:
Belgian wrote:How to Beat the System - buy hundreds of dollars worth of bottles of Chiron at the corrected price, lose the receipt, and then return them all for thousands of dollars in store credit at the Chiron 'ring in' price.

Drink very cheaply for a year or two! YVW.



Just the other day I witnessed a CSR have a huge argument with a customer over not being able to return a bottle because of no receipt. The CSR got so excited and was yelling "security, take him out" repeatedly.

Don't be ashamed, we're all friends here. Just come out and say you were escorted out by LCBO security. I mean, who hasn't been in that situation at least once?

Some CSRs are on your side, they tell me to lose my receipt if it's gone past 30 days (which disqualifies) and they will give a store credit. But it's still amusing some of them believe they have a special perch of power, wow the LC sure hire some interesting specimens of humanity...

Practically speaking, if some onion-breathed CSR gives a lot of push back for basic service, go to another store where they treat you with the respect you deserve.
In Beerum Veritas
ChrisK
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby ChrisK » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 am

Belgian wrote:How to Beat the System - buy hundreds of dollars worth of bottles of Chiron at the corrected price, lose the receipt, and then return them all for thousands of dollars in store credit at the Chiron 'ring in' price.

Drink very cheaply for a year or two! YVW.


I know you're kidding but I can't help but think how fast Loss Prevention would be all over this and deactivate the store credit. Can't turn off the retail brain :roll:
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Belgian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:04 pm

ChrisK wrote:I know you're kidding but I can't help but think how fast Loss Prevention would be all over this and deactivate the store credit. Can't turn off the retail brain :roll:

Thanks, I find it very funny that 'Loss Prevention' is actually a loss reaction system. Amazingly they must not really care about tiny losses given the frequent errors, just my humble guess.

And yes, I don't really advocate intentional theft. Usually I'm undercharged because they can't find the price in the system so they decide to practically give it away. They must like me.
In Beerum Veritas
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Postby iguenard » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Belgian wrote:
ChrisK wrote:I know you're kidding but I can't help but think how fast Loss Prevention would be all over this and deactivate the store credit. Can't turn off the retail brain :roll:

Thanks, I find it very funny that 'Loss Prevention' is actually a loss reaction system. Amazingly they must not really care about tiny losses given the frequent errors, just my humble guess.

And yes, I don't really advocate intentional theft. Usually I'm undercharged because they can't find the price in the system so they decide to practically give it away. They must like me.


I wish I knew a hooker like that.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9887
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Belgian » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Having a Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca - you may find this explodes less forcefully if you rest it cold for a WEEK before opening it.

No guarantia.
In Beerum Veritas
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby Ukie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:58 am

This is what I did last week when I picked some up.

The first one, few hours in the fridge, didn't gush but major foam when trying to pour. In fact after pouring the first glass and placing the bottle down it was like a little tornado happening in the bottle, should have videoed it, it was kinda cool.

The others I've had where much better after leaving in the fridge for a while, my fridge runs colder than most.

Mine was batch #299, if others differ.

Any thoughts on how long to keep this around, I'm thinking Dec?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:06 am

wouldn't a beer like this (JP) be good for several years?

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron